Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Getting tricky with KK

I don't feel like digging up this hand, but it was just played in my last session and its been pissin' me off. I'm at a table for about 50-60 hands and been playing pretty aggressively but haven't shown down a bluff or anything wild. Just standard raising and cbetting at a semi passive table. Villian has been there the whole time, I had him at 19/12 ish over 55 hands I believe. Also, villian had QQ the last hand...not sure if that matters but I have a little theory that players won't play the second hand in a row without a pretty big hand after playing a big hand the previous.

UTG ($102.85)
MP ($147.30)
CO ($100)
Hero ($112)
SB ($101.25)
BB ($83.70)

Preflop: Hero is on BTN with K K . UTG calls $1. Hero raises to $5, SB raises to $15, BB and Limper fold. Hero calls

Flop: ($) Q 8 Q rainbow(2 players)
SB insta shoves (like $86ish into a $32 pot) and I snap call and lose to AA

With my hand being so under represented I insta called this with maybe half a second of thought. That half a second was me thinking that if he has AA then there wasn't much I was going to do in the hand anway, o well. And then the hand started eating at me. I don't think this guy reraises preflop here with much to begin with and think he shoves much less on the flop. I threw out hands with a Q in his range and while it was possible, its just way to unlikely on this flop. I really don't think he would shove TT, JJ here tbh. You see alot of these plays with AA but not too many times with hands like JJ/TT. IDK, this hand just on my mind and I needed to get it off my chest, sorry for rant.