Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 11:12 PM

Default In which I call and call and call some more...

Reads: Fairly new table but seems very loose passive so far.
After the session CO's PT stats were 13/0/2 but he seemed looser than that and the numbers were not up yet for this hand. BB ststs ended up at 62/0/.5 and were either up at the time or it was obvious that he was playing that way.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 9 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="red"> PFR and c-bet were standard but when the passive CO raises me on this board I figured I was probably in bad shape. BB would call with anything so that doesn't change much. I called planning on folding most turns if CO bet again. </font>

Turn: (6.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

<font color="red"> The J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] might be good for me here and it at least gives me outs to a boat. I was thinking about check raising if CO bet but BB beat me too it. Now I really have no idea where I am and I basically went into call down mode. </font>

River: (12.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

The question is this - should I have just folded when CO bet the turn or is just calling down a reasonable play here?

This makes my head hurt so I'm going to bed - please figure out what I should have done so I'll know in the morning. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: In which I call and call and call some more...

I would probably fold to the turn raise because we probably are behind, and drawing to usually 3-4 outs (the As). CO is playing like he has the case J, and BB has turned a boat or flopped a flush. We have good relative position to make a correct fold. If either of these players are playing funky, then I hope they make it to SD, so I can make some notes.

Buzz
Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably fold to the turn raise because we probably are behind, and drawing to usually 3-4 outs (the As). CO is playing like he has the case J, and BB has turned a boat or flopped a flush. We have good relative position to make a correct fold. If either of these players are playing funky, then I hope they make it to SD, so I can make some notes.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to recount the turn outs...

-J
Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question is this - should I have just folded when CO bet the turn or is just calling down a reasonable play here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, did you forget the order of the board or something? This is the best possible turn card!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

OIC... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 12:40 AM

I don't think I would have played it much differently other than maybe donking the turn. On the river you have to think you are beat, but getting 13-1 odds on BB having a weaker jack you were probably right to make the call.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:43 AM

3 pop the flop, lead the turn if no cap, c bang the river.

since you didn't, I think 3 betting the turn is an option, but the more I think about it, you've got just under 10 outs calling is probably the best thing.

The river is maybe the most marginal call of the whole hand. I have a sick, like really bad heartburn, feeling YHWNG.

FWIW, I think you should have left the stats out of the OP since you didn't have them at the time the hand was played.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, do you think like this at the table? wtf?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:52 AM

*grunch from the cheap seats

I rarely concern myself with a 3 flush board against these types of tables. Especially with the J on the turn I would have reraised the turn instead of calling two bets, with 10 outs for the boat a 3 bet is likely not going to cost you more than one extra bet but might get them to shut down on the river if it misses.