Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Default WSOP Circuit Indiana Main Event Voucher

So I am at Caesars Indiana yesterday and decide to donk around in a $50 single table satellite and end up winning a $340 seat into the Mega Satellite for the $5150 main event.

5 hours later I have a voucher in my hand for a $5150 buy-in to the main event. Ship it. Holla.

So, as I am filling out the paperwork, a guy walks up to me and asks if I am playing in the main event. Because I am naive, I'm thinking, "I am NOW bay-bee." He offers to buy my voucher. Hmmm, intriguing... I can just take the $5150 in cash and then decide if I want to play later? Sure, I'll sell it to you pal, good luck.

It's at that point that I learn that ballas like him buy these tickets from donkeys like me at less than cash value. Pwned.

I politely turned him down at the time, but as I have thought about it, I am considering the idea of selling my $5150 voucher, as it would provide for a nice vacation in Las Vegas this summer and allow me to play in a few WSOP events. However, I am only willing to do this if I can get reasonable value for my voucher.

So for all you main event high rollers that are out there, what are your expectations from your typical 1/2 NL and $100 MTT donker like myself on the morning of a main event if you wanted to buy a voucher from me?

Will I be able to find someone who is willing to make an even exchange? $5000 for the voucher (so they pay no rake?) $4800? I'm just not sure what exactly the going price would tend to be. Like I said, I'm willing to sell it, but if I feel like I am giving up too much value I would just play in the main event myself.

Thanks for any advice to a little guy from you big-timers out there.