Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Top 2 facing river raise AI (NL50)

This might be standard, but I'm primarily a FR player and this is almost always a set in FR. Sorry, I'm a nit. Games sucked tonight and I decided to play some 6max, which I have <10k hands played. Villian seems a little aggro to me, but I think he was probably a little tighter than some of the others at the table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($24.90)
Button ($45.30)
SB ($54.20)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($55.50)</font>
UTG ($59.25)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($106.05)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.50, CO folds.

Turn: ($4.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, MP calls $6.

River: ($21.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $45</font>, Hero ???

Thanks for answering questions from a nit.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Top 2 facing river raise AI (NL50)

I don't like the way this was played.
PF you can rise (I know I would), but I guess it's not too bad to just check but I think you will get more value raising, the hand would've played different and decisions would be easier.
Flop looks good.
Don't check the turn, you're giving hearts a free ride and you will have to fold to aggression if one comes up.
The river is though without much of a read, but I guess a fold is fine at this point.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 AM

the problem is the only thing calling our shove preflop is kk, possibly qq, overplayed aks, and other really weird holdings. why let him fold a ton of hands that are 9:1 underdogs?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:37 AM

We're not shoving PF, hero is in BB facing 2 limpers, just raise to 3 or so, if someone limp-rr it's time to dump it. Also 9:1 underdogs? What are you talking about? Other 2-pair hands on the flop? There aren't tons of them really.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 AM

Kayfish, I don't know what you're talking about but none of it makes sense.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:18 AM

I definitely raise this preflop. You most likely have the best hand, and if they have small pairs you wanna charge them to draw to a set.

As played: Lead the turn again - the heart draw is there and if he has a weak ace or a J or something, he's not going to bet the turn and he could possibly draw for cheap if he's on the heart draw.

River as played, I think you have to call this getting almost 2:1 because smaller 2 pairs and missed draws are a decent part of his range especially since it was limped (his range is pretty wide).
Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 AM

CalledDownLight, imo you should have instacalled. you will run into sets sometimes but i think most of the time youre ahead.

and oh yeah, why didnt you raise preflop?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:58 AM

Part of the reason I was playing 6max was to reinforce the value of position in my game. I felt like I was getting into a lot of marginal spots oop. Also, I guess this is just some of my FR instinct that tells me not to raise here even though I usually play really lagtard (I'm running like 27/18 at 6max) and wanted to tone it down a bit. I agree that this is a preflop raise, just didn't do it at the time (would have always raised 1 limper FWIW).

If I lead the turn I assume I have to 3bet AI or call if raised, correct?
Old 03-27-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board with top two in an unraised pot, defintely. Its hard to put villain on a hand in this spot and im sure a set is part of his range but so could a lot of different hands, TPTK, lower 2 pair, possibly air. I really think that pushing or calling all in the turn is the best play here, irrelevant of baluga theorem.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board with top two in an unraised pot, defintely. Its hard to put villain on a hand in this spot and im sure a set is part of his range but so could a lot of different hands, TPTK, lower 2 pair, possibly air. I really think that pushing or calling all in the turn is the best play here, irrelevant of baluga theorem.

[/ QUOTE ]

baluga has no bearing on this hand