Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Some hands that show how bad I am

3/6 live, 10 handed.

1) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB. Many callers, I check. Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets. I raise. All fold. SB calls. Turn is a Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks. I check. River is an A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks. I bet for value in case he has a pocket pair or a deuce because I have never seen anyone check queens full twice. He c/r's. I call.

results: <font color="white"> he has QT </font>

2) I have T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. Many callers. I call. The flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet. 3-4 callers. The turn is an 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet. A tight player raises, all fold, I believe my redraw is good, he has 1/2 a SB left, I reraise to put him all-in.

results: <font color="white"> he has a baby flush, I fail to suck out </font>

3) I have T8 diamonds. I raise to mix up my play. 7 players call. The flop is a miracle. T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and get two callers. The turn is a K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, a chasing player raises, the other player cold calls. I call, but I fear he has Kings up. The river is a brick. The first player checks, I check, possible Kings up bets, the other folds, I cry and call.

results: <font color="white"> he has KT </font>

4) I have A8o in the BB. 3-4 callers. No raise. The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The SB bets. I raises. All fold out. SB reraises. I call. Turn is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, I call. River is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets. I call.

results: <font color="white"> he has AJ </font>

5) I have QQ Utg. I raise. Almost everyone calls. The flop is 955 rainbow. Check to me, I bet, all fold, SB and BB call. Red Flag. Turn is an 8. SB, BB check. I am divided between b/f and checking, I decide to b/f. I bet. SB calls, BB c/r, I fold, SB calls. River is a Q. Ouch. SB checks (her nine), BB bets, SB calls.

results: <font color="white"> BB shows KK </font>

Bad luck or do I just handle bad luck poorly?

-J
Old 03-25-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Some hands that show how bad I am

these are all totally standard; sorry man.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think this is standard u should re-eval ur poker theory imo.

wayy too passive
Old 03-25-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad luck or do I just handle bad luck poorly?

[/ QUOTE ]

quite possibly both, but i know alot of this is simply running bad.

1)played okay.
2)i don't like the flop bet. rest is what happens with a flush draw on board while drawing to an OESD(granted you have one of the flushcards).
3)3/6 live you don't need to raise to mix it up. limp along and enjoy the implied odds with a nice suited onegapper. rest is unfortunate.
4)probably okay. situational. no read on SB?
5)sounds like a really big pot(i didn't count). i couldn't give up an overpair on a paired board like that without a read.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think this is standard u should re-eval ur poker theory imo.

wayy too passive

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you've never played live.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:45 AM

5) I have QQ Utg. I raise. Almost everyone calls. The flop is 955 rainbow. Check to me, I bet, all fold, SB and BB call. Red Flag. Turn is an 8. SB, BB check. I am divided between b/f and checking, I decide to b/f. I bet. SB calls, BB c/r, I fold, SB calls. River is a Q. Ouch. SB checks (her nine), BB bets, SB calls.

Even tho you were behind on the turn, given the pot size this is a bad fold (i.e. your read cannot possibily be good enough to fold here, getting prob 15-16:1.)

Also check the flop on the JTo OESD, but be that as it may, the rest is standard.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Help a clueless noob out; on hand 2's OESD what's the reason not to bet the flop? Are we that scared of the flush draw? Or are we attempting a check-raise? We have 6 solid outs plus 2 tainted outs, isn't that good enough pot equity advantage to build a pot on the flop?
Old 03-26-2007, 01:41 PM

he did bet it?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Two other responses said to check the flop; I'm just curious as to why since I would have bet it myself.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:24 PM

The only one I might have played differently is hand 4. You are probably way behind, and your kicker is in play. I'd have to think more about your potential outs to decide to fold, but calling certainly isn't the worst play in the history of poker.

The rest just seem like bad luck.