Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Beat: Cranky Old Man

Live 2/5 last night. Cranky old guy is being really obnoxious, randomly berating other fish for what hands they play, for accidentally acting out of turn, for having chips sort of in front of their cards, etc. He sees every flop and plays retarded after the flop, betting like triple pot with big hands and playing really nitty otherwise, and thinks he's good. The kind of guy who says "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK I HAD?" Other than him the table is a lot of fun and he's irritating everyone. So I decide to bluff and show every chance I get. He's two seats to my right.

Couple good ones: 32 limpers to me on the Button I raise to $35 w/ Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. four callers, including him. Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checks to him, he bets $25. Yes, really. I call, SB calls. Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], check, he bets $50, I raise to $200, fold, fold, I show.

He raises straddle pot to $50, I call QJ spades, another caller, flop A-high he gets visibly mad and checks, I bet $100, other guy folds, he folds KK face up, I show.

Another fun hand. I raised T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] over a couple limpers, he's the only caller. Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I check. Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] He bets $50, I call. He says (everyone heard him clearly), "I check in the dark." I don't say anything. River T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He turns over QQ, I look confused, because I am. He starts yelling that I agreed to check it down. I say I didn't, he keeps yelling, the whole table and the dealer agree that he said checkdark and I didn't say anything. I say "I have to bet $100", he calls and whines about it for the next twenty minutes.

There were two or three other bluffs. So anyway, he's really steaming. He's stuck a few hundred and would be steaming anyway, but now he specifically hates me and there's no way he's folding anything to me any more.

So I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to $25., he and another guy limpcall. Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check, check, I bet $50, another guy folds old man calls. Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], check check because he probably has an A. River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], He bets like $75 with another $300ish behind. I shove knowing he calls with any flush and any A. He does this grunt/growl/AHA!/slam the chips on the table "I call" thing immediately. Aaaand has A3o.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Beat: Cranky Old Man

you lost to a drooler? and you call yourself a poker player.....
Old 03-21-2007, 06:12 PM

lol awesome
Old 03-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Great post.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 PM

sick last hand, for the reasons you described.

I can think of like a few old people (captain) that I play with who act like this guy, I think we all can.

that hand with the QQ is awesome.

nice post.