Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 PM

Default What to do on turn A\'s up

Four way pot. Villain has played pretty LAG so far into the session. Pretty loose call preflop, but I was pretty certain the guy behind me was gonna call also, so I was getting decent odds. The turn gives me A's and 7's and I check it to the Villain, who shoots off a potsized bet. I was 50/50 on this one, but with a dangerous board I knew it was either a fold/reraise. I was hoping he had AJ or AQ since he checked the flop. What would be your move on the turn, where do you think I stand?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $38.50
CO: $25.40
BTN: $88.25
SB: $14.15
Hero (BB): $22.15
UTG: $41.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.25</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $2, Hero calls $1.75, UTG calls $1.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($9, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $9</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $20.40</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $11.40

<font color="black">River:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($49.8, 2 players)
No action
Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: What to do on turn A\'s up

Looks fine. Maybe AT or QJs if he's loose. I agree that a reasonable player would bet out flop with a pair of kings or better, so you can rule out those hands. If MP is a LAG, I read his bet as a possible bluff to grab the pot, so push is fine.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 PM

On a board this drawy and multiway you really need to lead this turn for close to pot. Especially since the flop got checked through.

Since you're a shortstack I don't mind getting it all in once the opportunity arises. Not to say you're necessarilly good, we're beaten by a lot, but I think it's ok.

I also dislike the pf call quite a bit, especially given your stack.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 PM

Yuck on preflop call.

Now that you called, there are basically 2 kinds of hands your looking for, and you got 1 of them with two pair. For whatever reason your quite short funded during this particular hand, so pushing is fine. I think MP makes a bet on the flop being last to act with a hand that has you beat at this point with the exception of A10. I think A10 is the only hand to worry about, yet your short so get it in.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM

I'd say QJ is the main concern.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM

Why are you playing short stacked?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:24 PM

Playing multiple tables, usually buy in for 40% max which is pretty common at Full Tilt. Doesn't usually impede my play.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say QJ is the main concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP raised preflop, and seems like QJ would bet this flop to keep control of the hand, possible free card on turn, and to look like a legitamate hand due to drawy board. Thats why I think A10 is more likely since he would be more likely to check the flop with position.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 PM

Good read guys, A 10 is what he had, and what I was worried about also. In hindsight I wouldn't of called pre, as this guy was aggressive, so better to mix it up with him with a better hand, even though it was four way pot. Thanks for the analysis.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM

being shortstacked bites...y does everyone hate on the preflop call? is it ok with a legit stack? iono how exactly i woulda played the turn...but i know im getting it in...btw always buyin max...