Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should pms/aim be allowed?
Yes 3 75.00%
No 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Should i have kicked this guy\'s ass? (long)

Ok playing in a 1/3 home game tonight. Started at 2PM. Buy in is capped at $200. So i sit for 2 hundo and start playing semi tight given my stack size and after about an hour i'm around a 100bb stack. This guy constantly buys in for $60 and loses it. Just every time he loses it. And just keeps rebuying for $60. He's a complete donk telling me about how and why i need to play suited connectors when i'm shorstacked because i'm not investing a lot to "go against big cards, but you can double up". The guy is a drunk moron.

I'm starting to get a little tired of him as he is...well... a drunken moron. At about 6ish i've ran my stack up to just about 650-700. The moron on my right has pretty much stopped talking to me except to tell me how my calls in certain spots are bad or how i'm not suppose to be so aggressive on the flop with just a draw (15 outs against a tard who limp calls w/ any ace...but whatever). I'm relatively new to this game and only know i couple people so i don't want to tell the guy to just shut the [censored] up being as it's not my house and apparently he's some regular donator. The guy goes on some [censored] hot streak...calling down with wild [censored] and getting there because he "knew the other guy didn't have it" and i start getting [censored] cards. The entire time drinking more and becoming more of an idiot. He actually runs up like 300ish stack and i'm still at about 700. We get in a decent sized pot where he bluffs off about a hundo to me and starts calling me a donk and just getting in my face about "how the [censored] can you call down with just 99) blah blah. It was kind of a hero call on my part but i seriously thought i was ahead and had seem him bluff the river a lot when the turn was checked behind.

He's literally in my face...yelling. He starts to raise his hands i grab his wrists and push him back just enough to keep him off me. I have a serious problem with people touching me and i damn sure don't want some drunk moron putting his [censored] dickgrabbers on me. He falls because he's shitfaced and a couple people freak. Eventually the guy who's house we're at is like "Dude, chill just blow him off". So things settle down and he sits at the other end of the table and i keep playing. A few people see me as the dick because i semi pushed a drunk guy and because i've been running hot (i'm an average to [censored] player i think but i was focusing a lot and actually trying pretty hard to beat this mega soft ass game...and was getting ok cards to boot).

Ok here's the interesting part. I get QQ in the CO. We're 8 handed and retard boy is UTG w/ AQo (which he says is a monster because it's only behind AK). He bumps it to 15 (we're using mostly $5 chips so there's only a few $1 chips for the blinds). I raise him to $45 (i've had him fold a couple hands to too large PFRs) cause that's just what i do and i don't like the guy. He's got about 250 now and i'm hovering around 800. He talks some [censored] about me always raising him and calls.

Flop is AQ4 rainbow as [censored] and i know i'm going to stack him.

He bets 80...waaaay more than i've seen him bet a flop. But, i'm not folding a set for any reason. (We know he has top two but i didn't in the hand obviously). So i tank...and just call because i'm shoving the turn no matter what hits.

Turn 7c

Board Ah Qd 4c 7c

He bets another 80 and i put him the rest of the way in like another 50. He insta calls and the river is a big fat ass whorebag As. [censored] YOU [censored] YOU [censored] YOU ACE OF SPADES I HOPE THAT YOU SURVIVE A GREASE FIRE ONLY TO GET HIT BY A DUMP TRUCK FULL OF USEd HEROINE SYRINGES!

So i turn up QQ since he "called" my raise on the turn. And i say "boat". Dude just flips the [censored] out about he outplayed me and how i should have pressed the flop and just [censored] talking all kinds of ridiculous [censored]. How i played my set wrong and how he knew he was going to win etc. I don't normally let this [censored] get to me but i got up went and got a rack and started racking my remaining 550-600. He starts talking more [censored] about me leaving when i still have all that money for him to win (half of it is his anyway) and then i just said "I gotta go.". And he goes off about "AWWW BABY GONNA CRY?". Think about that for a minute a grown ass man saying this [censored] repeatedly. He then gets up...walks over to me and says the [censored] right in my face. I tell him "Look you won, congrats GET THE [censored] OUT OF MY GOD DAMN FACE." He calls me a "[censored]" and grabs my shirt. I throw him over the table and the whole room freaks.

He's just laying there and the home owner says i have to go. I say "Yeah i already tried that which is why i racked up...cash me out and i'm gone." Outside he tells me to give it awhile before i consider coming back if i can come back at all. I say thanks and get in my car and leave.

Now i think i'm not allowed in the softest game i have ever seen and if i see this guy again i'll probably [censored] him up just because. At least i didn't stomp the [censored] outta the guy while he was down. I really REALLY REALLY do not like people touching me. For any reason. Ever. This is like my 5th live experience btw. I don't know how to handle situations like these yet.

cliff notes: drunk guy is a prick...i stack him a couple times while he's shortstacked. He acts like more of a prick and gets in my face... later on he luckboxes and big stack and puts a beat on me then talks more [censored]. I throw him over a table and don't stomp him out because i'm at least semi honorable.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Should i have kicked this guy\'s ass? (long)

Hmmm...tough spot. I don't think too many people have the will power to just walk away from this situation (unless they know they are gonna get their ass kicked). I would have just talked some [censored] back to him until he took a swing, then it's go time. This way it is self defense and you will be allowed to return in the future (to take more of his cash, after beating him down).
Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 AM

yeah, unless he swings let him talk all the drunken crap he wants. and you kind of come off like a douche for shoving him in the first place.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:13 AM

i dont see why you dont just sit back quietly after not being next to him, seems like this was the most -ev fight of your life
Old 02-24-2007, 12:14 AM

You should have never touched him. You need to be really outspoken for him not to touch you and that this is unacceptable(esp if this is a pet peve of yours). Then when he touches you you don't like like such an ass for defending yourself.

Also wtf with the card room not stopping him from approaching you. I don't like card rooms that let people drink and get out of hand they should have done something in addition to moving him after the first altercation. There is a reason this game is so soft no professional wants to deal with this B.S.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 AM

I wouldn't do it, but it isn't that out of line if you are telling the complete truth, however it is very likely your version of what happened is different, from what actually happened.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:20 AM

Wow, you better get used to drunken [censored] when playing live dude.

They're eevvveeerrywhere

Put on your Ipod and just ignore the [censored], that's what I do
Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 AM

As someone who hosts a home game, this is my worst nightmare.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 AM

Lighten up, Francis.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:46 AM

eh no one should be able to get away with taunting you and rubbing it in like that. To all the haters who say you are in the wrong F*&^ that you dont have to take that. The fact you are gonna get permed from a soft home game is bad but i'd hate to think I just let a guy talk incredible [censored] to me and grab me and get in my face. If you were bantering him then you have to reap what you sow but if the story is pretty close to what you have said then you've done nothing wrong. The first time you shoved him you may have over reacted slightly (understandably though because you said you don't like to be touched) but that said if he's drunk and aggro you don't wanna just stand there like a douchebag while he lets fly at you thats [censored]. So basically I think you did good and you should be pleased you didnt let this dude talk [censored] just because of the chance of never getting reinvited to a soft game.

Ps did you think strongly about spitting on him or stomping him while he was down? I probably woulda spat on him for good measure but im a dirtbag [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]