Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
OnlinePro OnlinePro is offline

Default Pokerstars keeps track of your stats ?

I just got an email from pokerstars after I complained to them about my doomswitch. They then continued to displayed my stats when I have had overcards Vs pocket pairs and vise versa does anyone else find this to be disturbing ?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 PM
BennyMac BennyMac is offline

Default Re: Pokerstars keeps track of your stats ?

Can you post the email?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:44 PM
OnlinePro OnlinePro is offline

Hello Parkev,

Thank you for your email.

As an avid poker player myself, I can understand how frustrating it can
be
when 'fish' at your table end up getting their cards and winning your
hand.

There are a few things which you have mentioned in your email which I
would like to address. The first is your request to 'turn it off'.
Such a
switch does not exist (nor does the 'doom switch', 'bad beat switch',
or
any type of switch which can affect the outcome of your game). All of
our
games are dealt fairly and honestly.

One of the problems with poker, which is only compounded by the speed
of
online poker, is that human memory is a notoriously bad judge of
randomness. You remember the losses when you were a favorite, but
don't
remember the wins, as they were "supposed to happen that way" and were
therefore unremarkable. As an illustrative example of this, I have
attached your performance in pair vs over-card confrontations for the
past
two weeks as an attachment to this email.

You will see you are doing quite well, and are not losing to 'fish'
hitting their cards any more than expected. These confrontations are
called coin flips because of their even odds nature - an approximation
is
that you should expect to win with pocket pairs 55% of the time, and
overcards 45% of the time. This report shows that your pocket pairs are
winning an astonishing 60.5% of the time, and your overcards 51.4%.

In the short term, you may be getting frequently outdrawn by other
players. The four times you aren't outdrawn will still take place for
each
one of them, but these figures will only balance out after 10, or 20,
or
100 thousand hands. You have to ensure that you have the bankroll to
survive these deviations, and allow yourself the chance to be playing
when
things are going well instead.

I am not entirely sure what you think we would gain from fixing our
poker
games? We are the biggest Poker Room in the world, our players pay rake
which affords us the opportunity to run this site. As long as we
continue
to offer a top class software and a service to match, we should
continue
to grow. The only potential problem to all of that would be if our
shuffle
was found to be anything less than completely random. Why would you
risk
everything we have to fix a game? I am sure you would agree it is
highly
illogical!

Our shuffle is completely random, favoring or disfavoring no player
over
any other. The computerized methods we use to shuffle the deck are
more
than sufficient to ensure complete randomization of the cards, and
complete unpredictability of the cards to come. You can see the
description of these methods at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/security.html

In addition, we track all hands dealt daily to see if there is any
statistically significant variance.

In fact, we gave the source code to two independent auditors who
reviewed
our shuffle algorithm and found it sound and random. You may read the
analyses of these auditors at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/rng_audit.html

We have dealt over 8,000,000,000 hands, and have freely given out real
money hand histories any time somebody has requested them. Not once
has
anybody found any indication that our shuffle is not 100% random, and
many
who have undertaken such studies have posted their findings to the
Internet. You may find just two of them here:

http://tinyurl.com/4lfeg
http://tinyurl.com/2nvav

I sincerely thank you for contacting us regarding your concerns. We
take
the integrity of our site very seriously and appreciate the opportunity
you have provided me with to respond. If there are any other concerns
you
would like address, please do not hesitate to contact us - we're here
help 24/7.

Regards,

Tim
PokerStars Support Team

From: 2007-02-20-00.00.00
To: 2007-03-02-23.59.59

Hand #ID Pair Won Overcards Won
8540233243 © ©
8540264268 ©
8540880721 ©
8541359741 © ©
8541421930 © ©
8541609522 © ©
8542004457 ©
8542111464 ©
8542335203 ©
8542380019 © ©
8542692718 © ©
8542894699 © ©
8543049036 ©
8543070339 ©
8544285672 ©
8544415440 ©
8544535109 ©
8544697504 © ©
8544885517 ©
8545156781 ©
8545231821 © ©
8545404952 © ©
8547681706 ©
8547764424 ©
8547868579 ©
8548060369 ©
8548192705 ©
8555451808 ©
8555672342 ©
8555693624 ©
8555722509 © ©
8555759889 © ©
8555943763 ©
8556125532 ©
8556289802 ©
8556944725 © ©
8557129029 © ©
8557218893 ©
8557230343 ©
8563552608 © ©
8563631600 ©
8563651040 ©
8563656149 ©
8563664616 © ©
8563721598 © ©
8563810557 © ©
8563832044 © ©
8572870287 © ©
8572909586 ©
8573019022 ©
8573421874 © ©
8573470090 © ©
8573601167 © ©
8573682942 © ©
8573811590 ©
8574050300 ©
8574462749 ©
8574477537 © ©
8574580006 ©
8574796831 © ©
8574990791 © ©
8575086882 ©
8575270635 © ©
8575337280 © ©
8575582756 ©
8575686548 © ©
8575882104 ©
8576037646 ©
8576255635 ©
8576328593 © ©
8577375582 © ©
8577529577 © ©
8577645134 ©
8578227628 © ©
8580096275 © ©
8580234706 © ©
8580251273 ©
8580360874 © ©
8580480830 ©
8580514870 ©
8580556762 © ©
8580586841 © ©
8580641603 © ©
8580807226 ©
8588538890 ©
8588834641 © ©
8588898155 © ©
8589037953 ©
8589546227 © ©
8589604572 © ©
8589644107 © ©
8589685475 © ©
8589826298 ©
8590117669 © ©
8590311327 ©
8590345367 © ©
8590380155 ©
8590580931 © ©
8590641740 ©
8590717242 © ©
8591054481 © ©
8591058243 ©
8591139472 ©
8591443917 © ©
8597148157 © ©
8597155177 ©
8597321084 ©
8597660174 © ©
8597666683 © ©
8597666952 © ©
8597709454 ©
8597710768 ©
8597728626 ©
8597819516 ©
8597907775 © ©
8597927504 ©
8597954510 © ©
8597975709 ©
8597979224 © ©
8597991927 ©
8608693772 © ©
8608842073 © ©
8608847787 ©
8608990305 ©
8609045435 ©
8609339317 © ©
8609429390 © ©
8609545247 © ©
8609573190 © ©
8609704592 ©
8609871281 © ©
8609922099 © ©
8609929289 ©
8611032804 © ©
8611104932 ©
8614555600 ©
8614699796 © ©
8614701673 © ©
8614715781 ©
8614868821 ©
8614879734 © ©
8616023494 ©
8616083309 © ©
8616338623 ©
8616714844 © ©
8616744712 © ©
8616818108 © ©
8616961415 © ©
8616977608 © ©
8617068270 ©
8617539222 © ©
8617673867 ©
8617781685 ©
8617937235 © ©
8618219744 ©
8618221820 ©
8618377043 © ©
8618437987 ©
8630038464 ©
8630148157 © ©
8630291086 ©
8630319519 ©
8630469200 © ©
8631448455 ©
8631578952 © ©
8631740003 ©
8631833839 © ©
8631858871 © ©
8632567895 ©
8632779364 © ©
8632795255 ©
8632875630 © ©
8633018287 ©
8633223430 © ©
8633279101 © ©
8633287914 © ©
8645977950 © ©
8646003957 © ©
8646368234 © ©
8646572814 © ©
8646650483 ©
8646673773 © ©
8646892295 ©
8646893179 © ©
8647842183 ©
8647893994 © ©
8647912858 ©
8647933929 © ©
8648169046 © ©
8648170715 © ©
8648536706 © ©
8648618078 ©
8648623999 © ©
8648688752 © ©
8648784831 © ©
8648792388 © ©
8648843011 ©
8648883915 © ©
8649182783 © ©
8649222336 ©
8649366543 © ©
8649377831 © ©
8649393074 © ©
8649443251 ©
8649449266 © ©
8649468180 © ©
8649478322 © ©
8649500563 © ©
8649606501 © ©
8649688331 © ©
8649749100 © ©
8649761192 ©
8650935043 © ©
8651004591 © ©
8651153484 ©
8657223029 ©
8657298290 ©
8657344871 © ©
8657470460 ©
8657471625 © ©
8657557520 © ©
8657570668 ©
8657607343 © ©
8657819842 ©
8657899464 ©
8657917347 ©
8657918078 ©
8658003020 © ©
8658287660 ©
8658382614 © ©
8658652182 ©
8658677940 ©
8658812079 ©
8658858306 © ©
8658880780 © ©
8658957081 ©
8658969381 © ©
8659184714 © ©
8659789575 © ©
8659829126 © ©
8659834867 © ©
8659851722 ©
8667460427 ©
8667482826 © ©
8667531185 © ©
8667770024 © ©
8667801035 © ©
8667902655 ©
8667919277 ©
8667969207 ©
8671903759 © ©
8672302656 © ©
8672543653 ©
8682194207 ©
8682252119 © ©
8682794710 © ©
8682803538 © ©
8682994188 © ©
8683018769 ©
8683462111 ©
8683504843 © ©
8683507361 © ©
8683617666 ©
8683632690 © ©
8683651125 © ©
8684224274 © ©
8684242568 © ©
8684548478 © ©
8684705138 © ©
8686861296 © ©
8687032665 © ©
8687388948 © ©
8687785643 © ©
8688346320 ©
8688354761 ©
8690078379 ©
8690363575 ©
8690404789 © ©
8690490656 ©
8691067467 © ©
8691220988 © ©
8691281758 ©
8704222521 © ©
8704323689 ©
8704434108 © ©
8707675699 © ©
8708055204 © ©
8708178776 © ©
8708568010 © ©
8709731847 ©
8709754112 ©
8709918418 © ©
8710058391 ©
8710071163 © ©
8710316571 ©
8711637696 © ©
8711651610 © ©
297 157 95 140 72
% 60.5 51.4
Old 03-03-2007, 02:45 PM
crzylgs crzylgs is offline

Location: Rewinding.

Teach me how to flip so well.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
tagtastic tagtastic is offline

Way to complain about being a luckbox.

I guarantee they implemented this statistic just to respond to e-mails like this.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
OnlinePro OnlinePro is offline

This is in Fixed limit, I am still down a severe amount in the past 2 weeks.

I dont think these stats are real accurate
Old 03-03-2007, 02:55 PM
gdsdiscgolfer gdsdiscgolfer is offline

They watch you and night and punish you whenever you touch yourself.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:59 PM
skylos skylos is offline

How can these statistics have any validiity unless you take all pairs to the river even 22,33 with a board like 7,9,J,A when the guy could be bluffing with KQ? I have a feeling I'm getting leveled here but that looks like an awful lot of work on your part if thee is a joke or on stars part even if it is or isnt'.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:30 PM
bdiddy12 bdiddy12 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
How can these statistics have any validiity unless you take all pairs to the river even 22,33 with a board like 7,9,J,A when the guy could be bluffing with KQ? I have a feeling I'm getting leveled here but that looks like an awful lot of work on your part if thee is a joke or on stars part even if it is or isnt'.

[/ QUOTE ]

whitespace is taken out so the 'graph' is quite garbled, just like when you try to post pokerstove results without putting code tags around it.

this post is hilarious
Old 03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
cardcounter0 cardcounter0 is offline

This does not distrub me at all, in fact it is a good thing.
Looks like they keep history on all the hands played and can datamine and analyse them. GREAT! Investigations for chip dumping, collusion, etc. are so much easier when you can see every hand played and results. GOOD JOB POKERSTARS.

And it looks like they even have time to respond to stupid doomswitch emails.