Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 AM

Default I learned a lot from David Pham!

I played with David Pham several times in live tournaments and I learned a lot from him.

Two things I want to address (maybe it's so standard for most of you, but it's not for me)
1. He plays short stack with a lot of hearts.
At foxwoods $10K event FT (WPT season 4), he was the short stack and had only 250K, blinds were 10k/20k/3k. He UTG raised to 60K with A6o, then folded to BB's AKo re-raise. He later open push with A9 and lost to Tuan Le's A4s.

At Commerce $1.5K FT, he was short (27k, 12BB) and still raises my blind (I had 210K).

On day 4 of LAPC ME, I had 105K and was the short stack. Blinds were 3k/6k/1k. I utg raised to 20k with A6s (inspired by David Pham's A6o UTG), fold to another short stack on the button. He pushed for 67k with AQo. I was lucky and spiked a 6 on the river and he's the 54th finisher.

(A lot of people would say open push or fold, actually raise here is much more powerful than a push. Hope you understand someday.)

2. Being funny at the tournaments.
David has been raising many hands when in position. He's table chip leader last night when I moved to the table. LP with 8000 chips, raised to 800 (100/200/50). David was on his left with 16000. David looked at him and seriously, slowly put 1 yellow ($500) 3 black ($100) and 5 more yellow together... thinking... thinking... looking at villain... looking at him for 30 seconds... Villain looked very nervous, IMO it's the toughest 30 seconds for villain. (results in white below)

<font color="white">Finally, David folded with a funny smile. Villain took a deep breath when taking the pot. Table laughed. </font>