Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 03:19 AM

Default being a suckout magnet

Is it possible to be too unlucky for poker? I play much better than my opponents, but I am only a moderate winner online. I have been playing for about a year. I once went on a 6 week adventure where I was sucked out on unmercifully every single day. Probably 10% of my flop leading hands held up. I bet and raise aggresively and protect my hands. Currently I am playing on a site where 2 or 3 outers hit me on the river every day. Sometimes 2 and 3 times a day. I keep telling myself that good play will be rewarded but I can see no real evidence of that online. I seem to be a suckout magnet. I play limit because in no limit I would be broke by the suckouts alone. I would like to turn pro someday but based on what ive seen I would have to play much much much much much much better than my opponents based on my abysmal luck. I know I am not overrating my skill because I am ahead on the flop 80-90% of the time. I am trying to learn about variance but I am only human not a machine. Often the first pot I enter in a day is a good sized pot and I get hit by a 2 outer on the river. This happens every other day. How is that possible?
If I could have one day, even one without a two or three outer hitting me on the river I would JUMP FOR JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might even win a few dollars. My question is-Is it posssible to play much better than your opponents for one year without showing much of a profit because of extreme extreme extreme suckouts, happening over and over and over and over? I laugh when I see pros on tv and they can read when their opponents are weak. What good would that do? Against me all one has to do is wish for a card-an viola it appears. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: being a suckout magnet

you just arent good postflop, sorry
Old 03-11-2007, 03:24 AM

Let us GOGO!! JUMP FOR JOY!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:25 AM

anytime you loose more than 4 buy ins in a single day from suckouts, YOU NEED TO QUIT FOR THE DAY! PERIOD!

today i lost 6 buy ins in 30 mins, 4 flush draws the bad guys made the flushes on the turn, 1 killing my set the other killing my top 2 pair, all 4 times (money went in on flop) + 2 "two outers" on the river.

don't fight the sites, they are out to reclaim some of that money of yours and spread it around. I need to listen to my own advice.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anytime you loose more than 4 buy ins in a single day from suckouts, YOU NEED TO QUIT FOR THE DAY! PERIOD!

today i lost 6 buy ins in 30 mins, 4 flush draws the bad guys made the flushes on the turn, 1 killing my set the other killing my top 2 pair, all 4 times (money went in on flop) + 2 "two outers" on the river.

don't fight the sites, they are out to reclaim some of that money of yours and spread it around. I need to listen to my own advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seriously trying to make me break every one of the new bbv rules [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]