Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Default $16:Awkward Bubble Spots with Kh

Hand 1:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t600 with t50 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t5774)
Hero (t2148)
SB (t966)
BB (t4612)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The BB is not to loose.
Sng Wiz says this is a clear push,still I dont really understand why.
Is calling here an alternative to pushing?

Hand 2:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t600 with t50 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t4262)
Button (t5208)
Hero (t1082)
BB (t2948)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t4212 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t732 (All-in),

Same tournament, as said the raiser isnt loose,the BB too .Still Sng wiz says this is a laydown in most constelation.
But isnt this a clear call given my stack size?

Hand 3:Same tournament

CO (t2040)
Button (t2131)
SB (t6174)
Hero (t3155)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t2081 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t1481

One of this spots were stack sizes dictate a fold?

Thx for replying
Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: $16:Awkward Bubble Spots with Kh

Hand 1 - The BB is going to be a lot looser than you think. You have some FE, but I still fold this. Let the SB and BB battle it out and go from there.

Hand 2 - I call this one. You are going to have 632 chips after this hand.

Hand 3 - I call this one as well. You are probably 50/50 vs villians range and you still have a chance to place if you loose.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Hand 1 is a push because we still have plenty of FE over the BB, especially if he's tight He doesn't want to cripple his stack as the 2nd highest stack.

Hand 2 is a call because of the pot odds and the nice stack we will have if we double. It's -EV almost always but you are going to be most likely taking a -EV spot as it is.

Hand 3 a read is super important but a fold if he isn't shoving too wide. The shorty is in the BB for 1/3 of his stack and we will have the opportunity to shove on him if it's folded to us.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Hand 1- I would push this, You're getting plenty of FE from both players and theres a good chance this will be your best spot in a while considering SB could easily double up in this hand.

Hand 2- Seems like a clear call to me.

Hand 3- I would make this call against most players unless I had a read that he was particularly tight.