Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 04:08 PM

Default cool, some draws! oh, wait. K9s in the middle (#2)

Same live 8/16 game as my AKs hand #1.

I limp K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO after a couple limpers (including Weird Arms Guy in MP2 and a new guy in MP3).

Flop (6 SB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)

checks to Weird Arms Guy (who is sort of sLAG) who BETS. new guy calls, hero calls

(anyone raise? anyone fold?)

aggressive but bad sb RAISES, some folds, Weird Arms Guy 3BETS, new guy calls, hero calls

(anyone raise? anyone fold?)

SB 4BETS, Weird Arms Guy CAPS, new guy calls, hero folds.

(anyone fold? anyone punch Hero in the head for being a retard?)
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: cool, some draws! oh, wait. K9s in the middle (#2)

[ QUOTE ]
anyone punch Hero in the head for being a retard?

[/ QUOTE ]

If only I could reach you.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM

so let's see... {brackets mean pot building on flop}
WAG bets (1SB), NG calls(2SB), Hero calls(3SB - 8:1), SB raises(5SB), WAG 3-bets(7SB), NG calls(9SB), Hero calls(11SB 15:2 = 7.5:1), SB 4-bets(13SB), WAG 5-bets(15), NG calls(17), Hero... (23:2 = 11.5:1).

I count maybe 1.5 outs to J's... seems someone already has KJ or J8. With all this betting... wonder if someone has you reverse dominated or whatever. I think it was really hopeful that you'd hit a J on the turn. I would have folded when it was 2 back to me in the first place (when the pot was giving you 7.5:1. I don't think you have hand odds to match that.

oh also, for folding a second time around to you when you have much larger pot odds is deplorable.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's fine, but it would help me if you could point at a specific reason (flop call 1, flop call 2, flop call 3, eating paste during art period).

if it's just my general je ne sais qua, well, then carry on.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's fine, but it would help me if you could point at a specific reason (flop call 1, flop call 2, flop call 3, eating paste during art period).

if it's just my general je ne sais qua, well, then carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, Tyler. YOU called YOU a retard, now it's, "Duh, what'd I do wrong?" Playing dumb makes me actually want to track you down and punch you in the head.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:46 PM

for reasons DR Matt described ellegantly I fold when it is 2 back to us. Then I go back to eating paste [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM

lol @ this hand. i think a photo of weird arms guy is in order. i fold when it's 2 back to us the first time, on the flop.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:58 PM

I think the calling the flop the first time is loose, but fine. I fold when it's two more back to me for the first time. Since you didn't do that, folding the third time would be quite ugly.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so let's see... {brackets mean pot building on flop}
WAG bets (1SB), NG calls(2SB), Hero calls(3SB - 8:1), SB raises(5SB), WAG 3-bets(7SB), NG calls(9SB), Hero calls(11SB 15:2 = 7.5:1), SB 4-bets(13SB), WAG 5-bets(15), NG calls(17), Hero... (23:2 = 11.5:1).

I count maybe 1.5 outs to J's... seems someone already has KJ or J8. With all this betting... wonder if someone has you reverse dominated or whatever. I think it was really hopeful that you'd hit a J on the turn. I would have folded when it was 2 back to me in the first place (when the pot was giving you 7.5:1. I don't think you have hand odds to match that.

oh also, for folding a second time around to you when you have much larger pot odds is deplorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good post. thanks.

don't you think that after it goes 4bets and then 5bets, that i am drawing to runner-runner boat or a chop *at best*, and can therefore find a fold? that is, i can become more certain of my opponents' hands after the 4th and 5th bets go in, and thus i can fold?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, Tyler. YOU called YOU a retard, now it's, "Duh, what'd I do wrong?" Playing dumb makes me actually want to track you down and punch you in the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

boz,

i wouldn't have posted this if i didn't think i was a retard, nor would i have done so if i knew *precisely* where i had retarded it up. so i'm not playing dumb; i'm trying to get your help in pinpointing my mistake.

also, it was unclear from your first response whether you were serious, or even whether you read the hand at all because i already know that you think i'm a retard. that's all i was trying to clarify.

ok, enough highjacking my own thread.