Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Default three 10s hand

Okay what do you people think is happening on this hand. I was in the small blind. A bit of background on the people

UG1 is a fish
CO is classified as maniac in poker tracker
Button is a good solid aggressive player

I'll post the result of this a bit later

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13SB, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (15BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (27BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 31BB
Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: three 10s hand

Looks like UTG+1 hit his straight on the turn.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:57 PM

wow.

i could 3bet it preflop or just call since it looks like everyone is coming along and tt isn't a huge favorite over 97 people like that and i want to see the flop.

capping the flop is fine. i bet right out on the turn and would be mostly happy to see it capped, but if it got capped before it got back to me then that would be important to know. then i would check the river if it didn't pair the board, and see what happens.

my guess as to what people have here: button if solid could have aa, ak/at, big diamonds, ak/aq clubs, something like that. looks like utg+1 picked up something on the turn. kq for the straight? who knows.

basically i'm not folding anyway and unless we're against aa or jj we have tons of outs/equity on the flop and turn.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 PM

lol kerowo, feel free to elaborate
Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like UTG+1 hit his straight on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY???
Old 03-06-2007, 08:14 PM

I wasn't sure what everyone had because the betting seemed to be coming from all angles, each round saw someone else start raising.

I was thinking that my set of 10's chances of winning seemed to be getting smaller with each round but then again some people can ramp up the betting on TPTP or a straight.

I basically decided to check it down to the river because the pot was so big.

I'm not really sure about when you should drop a set. I always seem to want to believe it might be good.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:20 PM

in this big a pot, never drop it is a fine rule of thumb. besides, you boat up a ton of the time.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 AM

A very good point. Although in this case I lost to a higher set. I had a sneaky feeling that this was the case but how could I be sure.

The results were

Hero had three 10's
Button had three Ace's
UTG+1 had 5d 4s and finished with Ace high

UTG+1 even tried to steal the pot at the end by raising on the river, which means me and him lost another 50 cents.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:20 AM

I typically 3-bet preflop. You either limit the field (good for T's OOP) or everyone calls (good for set value). I don't hate the call, though.

I bet the turn, call if raised.

Edit: I didn't notice that UTG1 was a fish. In that case I bet and prolly 3-bet the turn. If it's 3-bet in front of me I just call.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:22 AM

Grunch:

Re-raise pre-flop

Flop seems fine as played. If he is as solid as you say I think you can probably narrow him down to AA/AT/A2s. If he is as solid as he is I cant see him capping someone that donk/3-bets him on the flop without at least two pair

AA (3)
AT (3)
A2 (9)

So you are behind 20% of his possible holdings. CO could have any part of the board, possibly A high or a small flush draw

I would have lead out on the turn. On the turn I would guess UTG hit either J10 or KQo. After he 3-bets the button, button slows down so I think he probably fears the straight.

Anyway you have to call down in this monster pot. You are probably beaten but it could be your set against AT and J10