Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Cop story with tickets...

Leaving Yankee Stadium after the game to get onto the sub way, my two friends are smoking cigarettes. A cop standing near the subway asked for their ids and writes them tickets for smoking. This is an open area, not like the underground subway in Manhattan. I talked to a worker as they are getting the tickets along with a few other people and the worker told me all the tickets are bs.
The cops said there are signs, but apparently no one saw them. The worker proceeded to say there are no signs, but they can still give you a ticket, because you should know. He said most people don't fight it, but if you did you could get out of paying the $50 fine. So, one of my friends already got the ticket but was standing in a gated area where he couldn't get on the subway from there. I asked the cop if he could come over by me since he got his ticket and got his id back and there wasn't anything else needed.
The cop came at me and all I said is we need to get on the subway. He said very loudly and angrily "Where are you going?"....I replied "Home"...He said "Where's home?"...like it has anything to do with this situation, but I said Manhattan. I don't live there(my brother does and we met up with him), but it doesn't matter anyway. Right after I said Manhattan, I was like my friend has no money and we need to be together, because I was in line to get the metrocards. He then started cursing at me saying your going to be a f'n wise ass...blah blah blah...and I responded with, "I've been talking to you in a nice manner this whole time. Why do you have to talk down to me because I am a young guy?"...he said w/e he said but as he was still cursing at me I just turned my back to him, because Im not going to have a power hungry cop berate me in my face when I have done nothing wrong, except for wanting to know what was going on.

I continue to wait in this line with tons of people crowded around. I estimate half of the 54,000 were taking the subway, so it is jam packed. I give my friend who was near me, his money because I was holding it for some reason. My other friend was let in a different way so he got in on his own without paying.
My friend finally gets to the booth and he buys us metrocard. There are two fares on this card. We get to the turnstille and there is a guy infront of us. Everyone is moving really fast because it is so crowded and the guy swipes his card and then my friend swiped his, but the guy didn't go through because he thought it didn't work or something. He went through and my friend swiped the card again because it didn't let him through. So he gets through and gives me the card and I swipe it and it doesn't work. The guy infront of my friend gave me his card to see if that worked because of the confusion with them both swiping and his card didn't work. Tons of people are behind me yelling lets go and getting very angry. I'm sure most of them were drunk. So I can't move and there is only one option: hop the turnstille. I do then take 2 steps and some under cover cop busts out a badge, doesn't let me say anything and gives me a $60 ticket. The other cop who I turned my back on had a nice smirk on his face when he saw me.

I'm going to fight it because it is bs. The cop wasn't there to see what happened but he saw me hop the turnstille. There was no one around to help if something happens like this. If I tried turning around and going back to the booth ... well I couldn't there was no room to walk let alone move.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Cop story with tickets...

Posts like this are what your blog is for
Old 09-01-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Cop story with tickets...

eh I don't do blogs. I'll just have a story now and then that I think is worth posting.