Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Changing from Full table to Short Handed. Advice needed

Hi,

I started out 3 years ago playing at full tables (online) limit holdem. I read, reread and imprinted on my brain the Lee Jones strategy. After a few months of playing nit poker i built up a bankroll and moved to tournament poker. Now 2 years later I'm coming back to low limit cash tables. However I've been playing the full tables at $1/$2 and although i'm generally beating these games over time I'm getting board just playing nit poker or just playing by the maths, I've also played short NL tables, and although i've won big a few times, the fact that you can get your stack wiped out on the first hand doesn't appeal to me. So, I would like to work my way up the limit stakes and also move onto short tables in order to get better games and more action.

My questions are , is there more variance in short handed tables, than full tables, and is the starting hand guide printed in the forum guide to this forum any good ?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Changing from Full table to Short Handed. Advice needed

[ QUOTE ]
My questions are , is there more variance in short handed tables, than full tables, and is the starting hand guide printed in the forum guide to this forum any good ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Changing from Full table to Short Handed. Advice needed

I've just changed over myself and the difference in variance is dramatic to say the least. Make sure you have a bankroll to accomodate for this at least 500BB for shorthand