Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM

Default sick 54s hand

Please let me know what you think of all streets. I think PF is good but not 100% sure. Everything else is a bit scary but I think maybe OK, not sure again.

10/20, I'm playing with a tag having an off-night (we're both playing above our rolls), and this guy who I'm pretty sure is a huge fish, but he's been moving around the 10/20 tables carrying like 2-3k with him, and doing ok. He's quite passive though, and seems weird. I mean, he sort of goes between being crazy aggro and then super super passive, like bipolar disorder type of guy. I think he's probably a losing player, but it's definitely tough to adjust to playing against him.

Anyways, he's in manic mode right now. The tag guy is tilting due to some nasty beats and playing above his roll, and I've been folding a lot recently and therefore I'm starting to get a little nervous that these guys are blinding me off, since I'm not 100% comfortable with three-handed play.

Also, I'm extremely short stacked right now: 9.5bb on the table, which is low for me. I can't reload since I have like 60bb on a different table and that's my entire roll on this site. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm not sure what that might do to my image, but it's worth noting that I haven't put in 12bb into a single hand once in my last 58,000 hands, and therefore I wouldn't see this as a huge leak (unless the image made it less +ev to play in general).

Tag doesn't often cap PF, doesn't three-bet a ton, though he tends to raise/fold more than CC on the button and small blind, pretty much exclusively. The fish has been three-betting lots recently, sometimes with stuff as loose as like Q5 etc etc, so that's why I'm nervous about getting blinded off, because I'm not sure how big the pots have to be when I win them in order to break even at this rate.

10/20, 3-handed.

fish posts small, hero posts big (5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).

tag raises, fish reraises, hero calls, tag caps, all call.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 12sb.
fish checks, hero (?) checks, tag bets, fish calls, hero raises (I estimate zero FE vs fish and little vs tag unless tag has unpaired cards on the turn), all call.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9bb

fish checks, hero bets, tag calls, fish folds.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 11bb

hero checks intending to fold.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: sick 54s hand

My man, fold preflop. You have five high! Your hand has no showdown value and you are up against a TAG on tilt and a fish who you say is in "manic" mode. Your hand has now showdown value. Muckarino.

Postflop - I don't like your check/raise. You bloated the pot out of position against 2 guys who are not likely to fold. I think that a more passive check/call line is in order.

You're getting 11:1 on the river but are you ever good here? I don't know...this is the problem with coming into the pot in the first place, and then bloating the pot with a weak hand. You're almost getting odds to pay him off, and it's because you put tons of chips into the pot with a hand that you shouldn't have played in the first place.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM

PF is very very bad.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 AM

jesus christ, fold everything

fold pf...9.5bb gives you 0 implied odds to play 54s, especially to a bet and a raise (from a "fish").

also "Tag doesn't often cap PF, doesn't three-bet a ton"...doesn't sound much like a tag to me

given action, you can call on the flop because the pot is insanely bloated, but you can safely fold the turn if the tag bets again.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM

this has gotta be a joke post nice job getting 3 replies
Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Am I a nit if I fold JTs here? T9s?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 PM

Something weird, here. I posted this in SSSH too, and in both forums, a lot of you guys said that with 9.5bb in my stack this is a clear fold.

Do you guys mean to say that with 12bb in my stack it's a clear call?

Just curious.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM

Also, of the people who said to fold preflop, how much poker do you guys play 3-handed (as a % of your normal poker play)?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:01 PM

I consider 3 handed play my best game type and this is an easy fold preflop. Stack size is fairly irrelevant. You have 5 high.

Having got there I desperation bet the river to fold red nines or something.

Mute: I would generally cap JTs and T9s in this spot.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something weird, here. I posted this in SSSH too, and in both forums, a lot of you guys said that with 9.5bb in my stack this is a clear fold.

Do you guys mean to say that with 12bb in my stack it's a clear call?

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no