Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Caution against joining Party Poker

Hi,

I am new to poker but have already had a bad experience with PArty Poker so am warnign others. I had deposited $10 a couple of times while i was learning. On my last transaction, i entered the card security number (hundreds of dollars) in the amount section by mistake. I immediatly emailed party poker to request a cash out....oh no not so fast to get cash back out as it was to put it in.

First they said they would. Then a week later, no cash back out, AND the amount was not in the Party poker account either. After complaining, my account was closed altogether.

Now they say i can get the payout IF i send them copies of the front and back of my credit card (including signature), my passport and license. They also have my bank account details as they said they needed this for the payout, rather than refund my credit card.

Obviously if i send them all this info to "Chaitanya" at PArtypoker , including signatures and pasport, then it wont be too hard to identity fraud into my bank account at a branch. I am setting myself up for identity theft.

It seems unlikely that i will get my payment back from PArty Poker so now i have taken the issue up with my credit card provider to try and get a reversal of the transaction.

A quick check of the forums might have warned me against party poker earlier, but i thought only $10 would be okay. If i had extra money would be a bonus.

So lesson - choose a different online poker site.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Caution against joining Party Poker

You're not setting yourself up for an identity theft. I've heard about lots of people sending in that information, but I haven't heard about a single identity theft or fraud because of it. I haven't had to send it to Party, but I have to a couple of other sites and I'm just fine.

Just send the info they're asking for (not showing all the numbers on the credit card) and I'm sure this will be solved pretty shortly.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 AM

Yeah, because Party shouldn't be suspicious of someone who just deposited several hundred by credit card and then immediately wants to cash out without putting any of that money in play.

Your activity is suspicious and Party is attempting to take measures to make sure that it's not a case of fraud. Party was the biggest online poker site in the world and since the US pullout is still a close second. They are not trying to steal your identity and asking for this kind of information in suspected fraud cases is both common and resonable.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:08 AM

Your actions throughout this period are very suspicious, and I am very glad to hear that Party would freeze your account.

While it may be difficult to get a hold of Party sometimes, and their customer support is not always top notch...I have never been concerned of any kind of theft or major issues on their end. I'm not sure what you have read on the forums that would lead you to believe otherwise, but you need to send them this information in order to get your money...and I don't see anything that they have done that is out of line.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:39 AM

so fishy
Old 02-28-2007, 06:41 AM

On making my first deposit at party they froze my account because a mate had played here before. It wasn't until i sent my drivers licence that my account was unlocked and credited. Normally when they lock your account when a transaction goes through they will not credit your account, instead the money just "sits there" and they send it back if you show no interest in sending the info.

Party has been fine to me, but glhf
Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 AM

OMG, u are such a weinerr
Old 02-28-2007, 07:02 AM

Well i dont think it is suspicious. All they had to do is refund the money to the card from which it was taken as requested by the registered user straight after it was withdrawn. What could be simpler? A card refund takes 30 seconds.

Now my money has gone, my account is closed. They have not attempted to contact me to tell me where my money has gone.

I think anyone who emails a copy of their passport, driver license and credit card signature, along with their account details to anyone, has rocks in their head. They are primary identity documents. Very easy for anyone to copy these documents and clean out their bank account at a branch (identity theft??). That is why they are secured.

That is why banks etc verify information with questions from the registration. They dont ask for copies of passports.

Anyway, ive taken it up with the bank as i am sure thy dont want me emailing passport and credit cards around either.

Normal procedure is to contact the client, verify their identity, and repay the money.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:38 AM

All they ask for is your drivers license, or generally something government issued/verified. Rather than winge, decide what is more important.
Several hundred dollars or sending someone your license
Old 02-28-2007, 08:18 AM

If you get some money illegaly, deposit it into a poker site, then cash out straight away isn't that money laundering because you're trying to make the money look like it came from somewhere different to the illegal activity.