Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Jamaica---smoke

I am going on a cruise out of Miami. We will be making an all day stop in Jamaica. I am interested in trying out the local weed. Is this possible?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Jamaica---smoke

our tour guide said
"you can take as much as you want back on the boat in your head man, but not in your hand"

i heard you can smoke it leagally at bob marleys restraunt, but we never went so i dont know, i know my brother in law founf it no problem tho, we were at free public beach
Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM

You will have several people approach you, only buy from the guys who dont ask you to take a ride to pick it up. Best places to find some is at the public beaches.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM

I don't think it's technically legal in Jamaica, but it's extremely easy to find. Last time I was there I had people offering it to me every day. Just find a nice, uncrowded place on the beach and enjoy.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:12 PM

My concern is that my time there will be limited since the boat will only be stopping for the day. What is my best plan??
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will have several people approach you, only buy from the guys who dont ask you to take a ride to pick it up. Best places to find some is at the public beaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I'm sorry to say that the weed there sucks, it will likely be a fun experience either way (novelty and all), but the grass is a flashback to the 60's... None of this new hydroponic stuff you are used to smoking in North America..
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM

Really bad idea. I was on a cruise last summer and was at the purser's desk at the end of the day, hearing the sob story about a 17 year old kid who got busted for trying to buy pot in Jamaica.

Get this, entrapment is okay there. He was approached by someone on the street and they asked him if he wanted to buy some pot. When he said yes, they arrested him (it was an undercover cop). The kid was travelling with his friend and friend's parents, and they left him in Jamaica. (The friend's dad was the one at the purser's desk and he was super pissed at the stupidity of the kid). The kid had to spend the night in jail, pay a fine, then catch a plane to our next stop the next day.

Jamaica officials are really trying to improve the image of the country, and by making the tourists afraid to buy pot will probably do the trick. Plus its easy money for the government.

My advice, unless you know a local, don't do it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Ya, exactly. Also, if you go down there make friends with a cigar shop owner, get his number, most will ship you cubans whenever you want.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really bad idea. I was on a cruise last summer and was at the purser's desk at the end of the day, hearing the sob story about a 17 year old kid who got busted for trying to buy pot in Jamaica.

Get this, entrapment is okay there. He was approached by someone on the street and they asked him if he wanted to buy some pot. When he said yes, they arrested him (it was an undercover cop). The kid was travelling with his friend and friend's parents, and they left him in Jamaica. (The friend's dad was the one at the purser's desk and he was super pissed at the stupidity of the kid). The kid had to spend the night in jail, pay a fine, then catch a plane to our next stop the next day.

Jamaica officials are really trying to improve the image of the country, and by making the tourists afraid to buy pot will probably do the trick. Plus its easy money for the government.

My advice, unless you know a local, don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use some common sense, you can avoid the cops. I was offered hash from a 60-year old crafts dealer at an art fair, weed from a bartender and cocaine from a cab driver. I'm 99% sure these guys were not cops. I'm not advocating it, but I think you can safely avoid the police.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:04 PM

I had no problem trying to acquire some. It looked like garbage weed so I didn't wind up buying.