Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Coaching?

**Mods, please let me know if this post is not allowed here**

I'm considering hiring a coach to help me improve my game and would like to see if anyone on the forum is interested.

Some background: I am a winning player at $10 and $20 MTTs ( OPR), with all small sample disclaimers. However, I think I have many leaks that prevent me from winning when moving up, or keep me from being even more profitable against players of my level. This is especially true now on Stars since it's considerably tougher these days.

So, I am looking for someone who coaches (or is thinking of coaching) to work with over IM and E-mail, and occassionally phone.

Here are some requirements.

<ul type="square"> [*]I am a recreational player and I have a day job. However, I usually play everynight from 10:30 PM EST on, after the family goes to sleep. I start about 2-3 tourneys at that time and play until they end. If I bust out early, I'll start another one quickly or play some turbo sats. If I go deep and have to stay up until 3am, that's a problem I like to have occasionally.[*]I've been playing for about 3 years. Read all the books. I have probably read HOH about 4 times and have a good understanding of the concepts.[*]I'm a bit of a bankroll nit. Even though I can comfortably afford to play in tourneys of about $60 - $70, I am much more relaxed and play a better game when it's a &lt; $50. Since this is a recreation roll, I don't like to put it at risk too often.[*]That said, I like to play at least one Stars nightly $100k and one Monthly million every month. This is gambling, and since I am conservative otherwise, I can afford it.[*]My goal is to grow my bankroll to afford the nightly $100k every night.[*]I would like to work over IM and E-mail, and occassionally phone.[*]Since I have a theoretical foundation, I think most of the coaching would be during live tourneys. I really want to get expert opinion on situations as they come up (not to cheat) but to understand how the better players think as they go through a tourney. My ideal situation would be to schedule a few sessions a month where you do your standard coaching thing, but also have you available (within limits) during tourneys to chat about the way a hand is progressing.[/list]
PM me if you are interested. As you can imagine, i'm not going pro so I don't want to spend a fortune but let me know what you charge and we'll see if we can work something out. I would also like to know some detail on your background. If you are a regular poster on 2+2 that's a major plus.