Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 01:45 PM

Default 99

Villain is 19/18/3.4 AF after 100 hands.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.10/$0.2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 3-bets</font>, 5 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
Hero...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: 99

bet, call raise if he raises, c/f turn
Old 03-01-2007, 01:54 PM

I'd check-call. He's aggressive enough PF that you can assume he's 3-betting you with a moderately broad range, e.g. a lot of overcard hands like AK, AQ, KQ that he'll almost certainly bet with given his high AF.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM

ugm,

why would we c/c if he has AK/AQ/KQ a lot? what's the turn plan?

i (as i'm sure riku would guess) would rather c/r the flop and go from there.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugm,

i (as i'm sure riku would guess) would rather c/r the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his AF indicates he'll be willing to bet those hands UI all the way, thereby we get more value than with a flop check-raise, as he'll presumably fold somewhere UI. Check-calling also loses the least those times when we are crushed. It also helps us stay out the situation where, after check-raising, he 3-bets the flop, which could be light or could mean he has us crushed given his high AF. I'd rather let him keep firing with UI overs, and lose less the times he has us wrecked already.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM

LOL, yeah, i was pretty sure you´d say that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugm,

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his AF indicates he'll be willing to bet those hands UI all the way, thereby we get more value than with a flop check-raise, as he'll presumably fold somewhere UI. Check-calling also loses the least those times when we are crushed. It also helps us stay out the situation where, after check-raising, he 3-bets the flop, which could be light or could mean he has us crushed given his high AF. I'd rather let him keep firing with UI overs, and lose less the times he has us wrecked already.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this plan is that we would *like* him to fold overs since he has at least 6 outs to beat us and the pot is pretty big.

i admit that it is tricky to reconcile this fact with our desire to get to showdown (since villain is looking pretty LAGgy) and to not get pwned by hands that have us crushed (this is mitigated by villain's LAGginess). being OOP though, planning to c/c down is too weak and lets villain take free cards/showdowns that we might not want him to take.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM

My instinct is to call down unless and A or K hits.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugm,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this plan is that we would *like* him to fold overs since he has at least 6 outs to beat us and the pot is pretty big.

i admit that it is tricky to reconcile this fact with our desire to get to showdown (since villain is looking pretty LAGgy) and to not get pwned by hands that have us crushed (this is mitigated by villain's LAGginess). being OOP though, planning to c/c down is too weak and lets villain take free cards/showdowns that we might not want him to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to get nitty... 19/18 is not laggy.

Sure, he likely has a loose 3-betting range. You do make a good point for a b/f on the river.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM

C/R!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Works like a charm often enough. He has AK or AQ for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]