Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Grotesque turn spot

Villain is Goku, sucks imo but doesn't call reraises lightly. Stats are about 20/15 I think. He seems kinda weak tight in the big pots. SB was a loose donk, so ideal squeeze spot PF. Flop I messed up a bit, 300 and shove a low card on turn is probably better? My plan was to bet/call any card 8 or lower, but I didn't have a great plan for the Q-A. Bet/call, check/raise, or bet/fold ugh.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1759.80)
SB ($1540.75)
Hero ($1676.38)
UTG ($1294)
MP ($985)
CO ($1325.22)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35</font>, SB (poster) calls $30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $140</font>, Button calls $115, SB folds.

Flop: ($335) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $245</font>, Button calls $245.

Turn: ($825) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $550</font>, Hero
Old 02-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Grotesque turn spot

From my experience with Goku he has a worse hand here like 1%. Like you said he's extremely weak tight in big pots. I'd just let it go, he has a set or JQ nearly always.

edit: I could see him playing AA like this actually, but I still think you're behind the large majority of the time.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:38 PM

I think he has AK of spades or diamonds looking for the backdoor flush and 2 overcards. He has tptk now and is betting. You should make him pay to see the river and a showdown. He could also have AQcc but you said he is weak/tight so probably not. I do, think, however, that his range opens up since you're &gt;100bbs deeeeeeeep.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: I could see him playing AA like this actually, but I still think you're behind the large majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sucks he can have AA here. ALso with stacks, he'll have 800 behind with 1800 on the river, so he can conceivably valubet AA against my obvious Kx/, so I kinda wish we were deeper so I could call and fold river.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:43 PM

He could easily be floating or sitting on AK. Also your hand is extremely hidden, so with your turn check you're very underrepresented. With that said, nothing you beat calls a turn c/r, so I'd call turn and re-eval the river.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sucks he can have AA here. ALso with stacks, he'll have 800 behind with 1800 on the river, so he can conceivably valubet AA against my obvious Kx/, so I kinda wish we were deeper so I could call and fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your screenname on Party? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2007, 03:50 PM

If he doesn't call reraises lightly he likely folds QJ preflop. I think I'd shove. Calling is ok I guess but there are a couple really bad rivers we don't want to see ruin our hand in a massive pot. Stacks aren't really that deep here and it's a pretty small raise (shoving) compared to the size of the pot.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Ick I think I just c/f here but don't really like it.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:55 PM

Goku is so [censored] wierd I think this is marginal. I would fold sometimes but others I'd just push them in and hope he had AA or AK somehow.

He does seem to play big hands less oddly than others perhaps so maybe folding is better, but chucking two pair against that annoying donk is easier said than done.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Hes more like 27/15 pf, but as the other say he doesnt bluff much or at all postflop. I dont know if I can fold two pair here though.