Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 AM

Default JJN meets NL

Since NL cash cames started being spread, I would play in them from time to time. I am primarily a limit player, but am constantly attracted to this game where people are playing almost insanely.

Unfortunately for me, I played in a no-limit game where the stakes were too large for me and I would constantly get stacked. Big damage to my bankroll. I had to leave.

Two years later, I built my roll back up to a considerably higher level, and there is a $50-$200 NL game with $1,2,2 blinds at MCC. I decide to give it a shot, despite earlier failures.

I feel like I am getting a good feel for the players, their betting tendacies, who the tight trapping players are, who the maniacs are. I feel I am learning how to play the short stack, large stack, etc.

Inevitably, though, I run into a cooler, and this cooler usually costs me my stack, or the whole day's winnings. This loss is so painful that it keeps me from playing this game (which is extremely juicy in my area).

Tonight, after a short hiatus, I sit down, am on the BB with 67o. 4 players call, I check. Flop is 669. I have $70. The last time I bet out everyone folded, so I decided to c/r. One player bet, another called, I raised to 15, they both called. The turn is a 7. I bet twenty, get one caller. The river is an 8. The player goes all in for $30. I call. She has 88.

This type of beat always happens to me and I lose all my money. So off I go back to limit, where I can at least lose it slowly. But NL here is so much better, how do you avoid the psychological and economical pain of these "coolers?" I mean I wanted to break the table and strangle the player. I almost went home. I cant handle losing like this.

-J
Old 02-25-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: JJN meets NL

Stop playing on riverstars.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: JJN meets NL

Most of the money is in good...so just wait for the long run.