Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Default 2 AQo Hands from 1K NL Shot

Both might be standard. but, they are the only two big hand from my shot.

i had only about 100 hand sample at this point, but villain was 37/31/3.11 I had yet to see him get to showdown, although he had been splashing around a bit.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $35</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $115</font>, CO calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($235, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $176</font>, CO calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($587, 2 players)
Hero?

villain sat with 793.34 or something like that, so i assume he is a donk. Just get it in on the flop?
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $35</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($115, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $106</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $234</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: 2 AQo Hands from 1K NL Shot

Hand 1- c/c turn and open shove riv if not overbet. Hand 2- fold. Weaker Q probably doesn't do this, even against a big draw like 57ss, you're actually small underdog or flipping, and set is very possible. You don't have that much committed, not worth it.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:56 PM

I'd probably let him bet in hand 1. That AF and the lack of draws looks like it'd be too tempting. I'm going broke with this hand too. Agree with RH2...I put anything left in opening the river. This all assumes 100ish BB starting stacks of course...

Hand 2, that flop is probably too coordinated for me to fold outright. I find it hard to imagine that he can't be doing this with another Q. I'm not sure I get it in quite yet though. I'd call the flop and consider bet-folding a safe turn though I'd really like to see what the turn is and maybe even what he does. Pot control here is probably better...I may even give him a free river and not worry about it if he wants it.

Real tough situation. I just have a hard time folding there when the raise was small enough that you're getting like 3.5 to 1.

- C -
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 AM

Hand 1: I would probably c/r all in. Given his stats I think you're being floated a lot, so you should be able to induce a bluff on the turn a lot. If he has a legit hand that ace was a bad card for most of his range, so checking might help you get some value on the river.

Hand 2: Given the stack sizes a shove is totally fine here.