Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Has anyone seen/know who this comic is?

Back when I was in NYU (2000-2004), I used to hit up the comedy clubs fairly often (Stand Up NY, Comedy Cellar, Comic Strip Live***). One time at Comic Strip(maybe SUNY instead), I saw this hilarious comic who I never saw or heard of again (usually you see the same people more than 1x). He was pretty tall, probably at least 6'3" and probably a good 6'6", very thin, had a long nose which he joked about ("I'm 40 years old and I look like big bird" joke), hair was in the red/brown spectrum. One of his jokes was about Brooklyn not being 'artsy fartsy' but being 'gunsy knivesy'. He just had THE best delivery and was hilarious to watch, I remember people went nuts when he finished his set. I can't offer any rewards right now since I don't have any $$$ online but I'd appreciate if someone could come up with this.

***For those of you who have never been to comedy clubs or have had bad experiences at them and live in NY, you should definitely go. Those people who ask you "Do you like comedy?" on the street are really annoying but they have good deals on tickets; you can also find good deals online for the clubs I mentioned above. Go on a Thursday night at around 8:00 and they usually have comics for like 4 hours; you will often see people who are already famous or on their way to getting Comedy Central spots. One Thursday I saw Judah Freelander, Dave Atell, Godfrey, and a few other minor celebrities in one lineup, as well as tons of other hilaroius people. The shows are shorter and not as worth it on Friday and Saturday and at other clubs not mentioned they often only have a few comedians with a headliner. IMO it's much more fun and worth it to go on Thursday (maybe Wed too) and just check out a bunch of up and coming comics.