Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Company screws up, I get overdraft fee from bank, who is at fault?

Long story short, I tried to deposit money to Bodog through Nucharge the other day. I attempted to deposit three times and got taken to error messages the first two times, then the third time it said my credit card was declined. All 3 times I went back to my account info page to make sure the transactions did not process and they didn't. I emailed nucharge asking them what I could do to fix it and without any dialogue they replied saying they processed TWO of my failed attempts for me. This added up to more than I had in my bank account and was totally unacceptable for them to do.

I explained to them what they did wrong and they wrote back saying they were refunding all the money and that it'd take 6 days (again without me asking them to). They also said they wouldn't cover the bank fee that they caused. I called my bank to file a dispute (which is what they told me I needed to do once the transactions processed) and now they're saying there's nothing they can do since I willingly gave the company my debit card info.

Am I just SOOL here?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Company screws up, I get overdraft fee from bank, who is at fault?

If you have a good history with the bank, they will often waive an overdraft fee.

I once had FirePay charge my account 6 times and Chase waived more then $160 in fees. LaSalle did the same.