Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Razz letting a player catch up

Op is aggressive and will re-raise. I felt that if I bet out on 4th op would have folded.

Should I have checked 6th as by this time I don't believe op would have folded to my bet and I was just trying to build up the pot.

Was this a good move or would I have been better just to have called, in case I bricked on 7th.

Razz ($2/$4), Ante $0.40, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.60 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.30 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (3.30 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (5.30 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (7.30 BB - $29.20)
Old 02-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Razz letting a player catch up

Looks good to me everywhere. Might consider check-raising the river if he's an aggro donkey.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Play money hold'em is tougher to beat than these razz games. I really wish I hadn't drawn all my money out of pokerstars [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It's embarrassing to the human race how stupid these people are. WTF does he think you have, 7775?
Old 02-15-2007, 05:55 PM

Villain is obviously a mega stump here, but ask yourself what would you have done if he hit the 8 on the river and you had paired?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Usually I don't assume my opponents are that stupid. If I was gonna check 4th here I would check 5th too, cause a bet turns your hand over when you catch a Q and he catches a 2 so if he has any sense at all he will fold. If I check 4th here I check 5th and go for a checkraise which he may actually have odds to call down for once (I'm not twodimesing it because I will never be in his situation anyway and I don't care.)

If I was the OP and paired on the river I would just check my Q low and hope to pick off a bluff. He's obviously not folding a J low if he got this far and I'm not counting on a call from a Q/K that often and he obviously can't call with 3 pair or a boat, so there is no real value in a bet. You can't check fold here because if he's stupid enough to call down he might bluff his jacks up board, so just check/call, turn them up and see who wins.