Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 02:12 AM

Default flat called raises

ok i cant seem to find a few examples, but i always get very very confused when players flat call my reraises......what type of hands do this? PF especially(usually put them on AK or small PP).

on most flops say you are bet into, and you raise it then get flat called is it good practice to shut down if you were on a bluff or lead again? What about when im reraising a monster draw and get flat called should i lead and try to get a fold or check and try to see if i can hit the draw.

Also should i be playing any pair + FD as a monster or only TP + FD.

Im just posting this hand to steam a little, villian kept stealing my raises lightly PF so i 4 bet him......and he flat called......then got incredibly lucky......

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $80.3
UTG: $19.15
Hero (MP): $92.35
CO: $113.65
BTN: $41.90
SB: $13.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $6.75</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $19</font>, CO calls $12.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($38.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $40</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $20 returned to CO

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [] ($78.75, 1 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [] ($78.75, 1 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
CO had 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fours)
Final Pot: $75.75 ($3.00 rake)
Old 02-11-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: flat called raises

Wow I need to be playing on FTP. Dude showed up with 44 here...lol. Fold to RR pf. If he's really been 3balling you light you could call w/ this hand in position although I wouldn't. I'd rather have 9sTs. You're dominated so much. Gotta fold this OOP.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: flat called raises

the guy was 50/40 and he was right behind me(i know i really should have moved tables)

I have good results with the 4bet to control someone 3betting me too light so i used it here, happy to fold to a push but almost 100% sure i would get a fold......calling the raise here seems pretty iffy to me even if i had position on this type of opponent and would just be letting him control me like he was trying to. (AF flop-5.5 turn-2.5)