Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Turn semi-bluff in blind battle(3/6)

Haven't noticed much from villain. He's been minraising alot when it's folded to him in sb. Last orbit he mr'd I 3bet to 42 and he made it 280 or something stupid and I had to fold.

Table is quite tight so I've been looser than normal. I've mostly been taking pots down pf or on flop though and I won my only showdown w/ tptk so my image is ok.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB Villain ($1964.29)
Hero ($721)
UTG ($813)
MP ($971.50)
Button ($1341.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB Villain posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB Villain completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, SB Villain calls $18.

Flop: ($48) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $37</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $74</font>, Hero calls $37.

Turn: ($196) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $88</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $280</font>,

Paul
Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Turn semi-bluff in blind battle(3/6)

I just go to war on the flop here, reraising to $300 or so after he mincheckraises me. On the turn I'd probably just call. People who mincheckraise and then bet small are usually showdown bound in my experience.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Yo, three bet flop or call turn. Blank turn isn't giving you a whole lot of fold equity and you got sick odds to f'em.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 PM

Push that flop min-raise!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just go to war on the flop here

[/ QUOTE ]

Motion seconded. I doubt I'd put much logic into a push-esque move like CTS said other than for the simple reason of telling this wise guy that you're ready to play for stacks right now.

Based on the way you played it...I don't like flat calling turn but you got no other option. I feel it completely reveals your hand but hey, there'll already be enough money in the pot to take down even if you hit your flush and subsequently don't get much more out of him.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 PM

Cts et al,

If I 3ball flop to 300 I take it I'm calling a push/shoving any turn?

Thoughts on 300 v push?

I spose I'm usually 3betting this flop w/ good overpairs/2pair/sets so flop 3 bet would of been more believable.

My thoughts at the time were that I rly had no idea what a min cr meant from him and he was giving me some rly good odds so I'd call and see what happens on turn. When he bet so weak I thought bluffs/draws/weak 1pair hands were pretty likely and that I would get alot of folds. I think I shoulda made it more though, like 350 or something.

He snap called then paused for few secs and openshoved a 6 river. I obv folded.

Paul
Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 PM

i dunno w/ stacks as they are in blind battle (where any real hand c/r isnt folding) i generally call &gt; 3bet.. but i dont 3bet flop often, which could be a leak.

call &gt; raise on the turn, but if you had like KJ id like your line alot.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno w/ stacks as they are in blind battle (where any real hand c/r isnt folding) i generally call &gt; 3bet.. but i dont 3bet flop often, which could be a leak.

call &gt; raise on the turn, but if you had like KJ id like your line alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we basically bluffing if we bet KJ like that? I agree with everything else though.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 PM

meh to your preflop raise with this hand, but thats obviously not the main issue here.

i'm not sure i like a flop 3-bet, but i definitely prefer a call to a raise on the turn. your draw is still good and he's giving you the odds, go ahead and take them.