Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Default With smart management, how long would it take for Knicks to get good?

If the Knicks suddenly got smart - or changed management to really smart people - how long do you think it would take for them to field a competitive team, i.e., a team that would make the playoffs and have at least the prospect of contending in the following couple of years?

Keep in mind that, not only don't they have a first round pick this year, there is a good chance they will not have a high one next year either (as Chicago has the right to swap picks).
Old 04-20-2006, 04:07 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default Re: With smart management, how long would it take for Knicks to get good?

I'll have the team at a high level in three years. Next year is key as long as they get actual value for the three expiring contracts.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: With smart management, how long would it take for Knicks to get good?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have the team at a high level in three years. Next year is key as long as they get actual value for the three expiring contracts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Channing Frye is their only legit "piece" to a team, and they have no draft pick this year. Curry, Marbury, Francis, Robinson, Jalen Rose---deep playoff teams do not feature this players, I'm sorry. Expiring contracts are pretty overrated too IMO. I don't see the Knicks being a 50 win team for a long time.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:11 PM

They have a LOT of contracts to dump. 5 years.

Joe D is one of the best in the biz, and it took him 3 years to dump the Pistons and turn them into contenders. And they were in nowhere near the salary cap hell the Knicks are in.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Channing Frye is their only legit "piece" to a team, and they have no draft pick this year. Curry, Marbury, Francis, Robinson, Jalen Rose---deep playoff teams do not feature this players, I'm sorry. Expiring contracts are pretty overrated too IMO. I don't see the Knicks being a 50 win team for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have two first roun draft picks this year. Also, I think there is a market for Steve Francis or Marbury, Minnesota GM said today he'd be interested in Steph.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: With smart management, how long would it take for Knicks to get go

Is there any realistic chance that they could get decent (young) value for Marbury and/or Francis?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any realistic chance that they could get decent (young) value for Marbury and/or Francis?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

sorry---these guys are pretty much untradeables at this point. the fact that the magic went on a massive hot streak after getting rid of francis won't help his cause either.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry---these guys are pretty much untradeables at this point. the fact that the magic went on a massive hot streak after getting rid of francis won't help his cause either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I liked the Francis trade because it was something for nothing, but to trade either it's going to be for another similar over priced player (Zach Randolph, Theo Ratliffesque)

Maybe Stevie for AI? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM

Anyone know of a pretty comprehensive list about all the contracts the Knicks have?

For all I know, they're still paying Larry Johnson.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I liked the Francis trade because it was something for nothing, but to trade either it's going to be for another similar over priced player (Zach Randolph, Theo Ratliffesque)

Maybe Stevie for AI? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing the Knicks could do to get AI. He is one of the top 10-15 players in the league still in his prime and he absolutely brings it every night.