Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM

Default 10/20 trips turned into low full house...I push river

Villain probably views me as slightly insane and bad even. He's pretty good and can play wierd too. My reraise on the flop is weakish but maybe not. What do you think? I check turn trying to represent a king or a flush draw. With his river bet I'm thinking he probably has a jack...maybe a busted flush draw...probably not a queen. I go all in trying to represent either a busted flush myself or a queen hoping he folds. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($70, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $70</font>, Hero raises to $245</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($560, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($560, 2 players)
UTG bets $560</font>, Hero raises to $1700</font>, UTG ...

Results:
Final pot: $3960
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: 10/20 trips turned into low full house...I push river

[ QUOTE ]
Villain probably views me as slightly insane and bad even. He's pretty good and can play wierd too. My reraise on the flop is weakish but maybe not. What do you think? I check turn trying to represent a king or a flush draw. With his river bet I'm thinking he probably has a jack...maybe a busted flush draw...probably not a queen. I go all in trying to represent either a busted flush myself or a queen hoping he folds. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($70, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $70</font>, Hero raises to $245</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($560, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($560, 2 players)
UTG bets $560</font>, Hero raises to $1700</font>, UTG ...

Results:
Final pot: $3960

[/ QUOTE ]

this play is bad: you're not getting better to fold and unless you think he' block petting w/a PSB he's not holding onto a jack and folding. also, if you're not sure if you're repping a bluff or a full-house, your line probably needs some thinking through.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, if you're not sure if you're repping a bluff or a full-house, your line probably needs some thinking through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea my thinking there is way off unless he'd fold a jack...which I don't think anybody is going to be doing. Ok, so I guess easy call then?

Also, what about my turn check? My thinking is that it's good sometimes because basically no river card is going to hurt me unless it's a non ace/ten heart and maybe a queen or a king. It also makes me seem weaker than I am enticing a king to call me on river if he suspects that I was on the draw.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea my thinking there is way off unless he'd fold a jack...which I don't think anybody is going to be doing. Ok, so I guess easy call then?

Also, what about my turn check? My thinking is that it's good sometimes because basically no river card is going to hurt me unless it's a non ace/ten heart and maybe a queen or a king. It also makes me seem weaker than I am enticing a king to call me on river if he suspects that I was on the draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to play you and show you my queen here!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:00 AM

Bluffing with made hands is not usually a good idea unless you have a strong read that your opponent has a medium-strength hand.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluffing with made hands is not usually a good idea unless you have a strong read that your opponent has a medium-strength hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate about why it is not a good idea? I think I know but am not quite sure. I wouldn't want to make this bet if I thought he had a queen or KJ.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:02 AM

I know this is boring but why did you limp preflop? as for the meat of the hand bet the turn and as played river is an easy call
Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is boring but why did you limp preflop? as for the meat of the hand bet the turn and as played river is an easy call

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why I limped. Normally I raise and I think part of me checked the turn because I just limped pre if that makes any sense. How would you react if you bet about $600 on turn and he pushed?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:24 AM

as played call river