Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Just moved down, wtf do I do?

I have been playing the 55's and 33's on Fulltilt, but I am on a massive downswing, crazy stuff going on...but whatever...I just moved back down to the 22's last night and the style/level of play is so much different. People dont seem to care about their money at all! The game is very loose compared the 33's and 55's, atleast imo....do I need to loosen up my game and start making looser calls that I normally wouldnt? What do you guys think?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Just moved down, wtf do I do?

[ QUOTE ]
....do I need to loosen up my game and start making looser calls that I normally wouldnt? What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

No....keep playing tight. Let the monkey's knock themselves out and take their chips when you have a real hand.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Did you ever play that low previously, or did you just start higher and now you've moved down.

Not being able to beat various sorts of terrible players is a very common complaint. However in STTs it's an even sillier and mor eout of place complaint than in cash games. In STT when the bad players don't care about losing money, just stay out of the way except with "the nuts," and wait for them to lose their money. Usually you will also encounter 2 types of horrible bubble players:

1) the type that doesn't care of they lose money (so push less)
2) the type that really really cares about getting itm when they get close (so push more)

hope that helps.

c
Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Yeah, if anything you need to play tighter and more aggressive, since you'll be getting more action on your premium hands there. Also it's usually easy to put reads on players, so find the fish and trap away. Patience is key. It's amazing how well one good hand can pay off, and how little ppl respect a rock.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:08 PM

I started at the 22's, so the play didnt seem that loose until I went back...and thanks for the advice