Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Foxwoods Automatic Sign Up Machines

Just noticed yesterday that the kiosks appear to be on. Is this system actually working now? (I'm kind of an idiot and didn't notice the kiosks until after I had already signed up at the desk.)

The waitlists still sucked though and I had to sit with the corpses at $1-5 Stud for almost an hour before my 4/8 seat opened up.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Automatic Sign Up Machines

If by "is this system actually working now?" you mean "is this system contributing to the Foxwoods mission statement of 'we annoy our customers'?" then yes. Yes it is.

If the system correctly reads your card, and if it actually signs you up for the lists you want, then it's fine. So far it seems to work about 30% of the times I try it.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:04 PM

It can't be worse than waiting 10 minutes or whatever to get on a list. Ugh that crowd.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can't be worse than waiting 10 minutes or whatever to get on a list. Ugh that crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair point. It's certainly not worse. But it's not better yet either. If they could get the kiosks working properly, it would be great. (Both for the players and the staff.)

Of course, even when they do get them working consistently, there'll still be complaints. For instance, the software's refusal to let you sign up for additional lists when you are already on another list, is annoying.

But hey, I wouldn't be a Foxwoods poker player if I didn't have something to complain about. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2007, 09:39 AM

I just used the signup machine on Saturday. It took me about 5 tries to get it to read the card, and then it worked, but it wasn't showing all the lists. I was able to put myself on 3 of the 4 lists I wanted.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Yeah. Basically, I check the line first and don’t bother with the kiosks if it’s not too deep. So far, the three complaints I have about the kiosks are these:

1 – They do not consistently recognize my card. (If they’re not going to fix this, the least Foxwoods could do is provide some kind of payout to the lucky players who manage to get them to work properly. Maybe charge $5 per card-swipe and pay 2-1 every time it successfully adds your name to a list?) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2 – If you’ve already signed up for a list or two, you can’t go back to the kiosk and add your name to additional lists. (Or if you can, I haven’t figured out how it’s done.)

3 – Not being able to select lists other than those that appear on the initial signup screen. (Again, if this can be done, I haven’t figured out how.)
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Basically, I check the line first and don’t bother with the kiosks if it’s not too deep. So far, the three complaints I have about the kiosks are these:

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is a line to get on the list there is no real excuse for not hiring more board people and separating more of the games to different boards.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:44 PM

pechanga has these too, actually works well
Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 AM

thats foxwoods for ya prob the busiest poker room in the world next to commerce and bike and they wont hire more people/create more boards.

FWIW there are only three kiosks there anyways so that doesnt realy help to speed things up IMO.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is a line to get on the list there is no real excuse for not hiring more board people and separating more of the games to different boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be an excellent solution. Foxwoods has one freaking board to cover every game in the room (one of the largest in the world).