Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Non Holdem in Vegas

Makin my second trip to Vegas. I played Stud at Mirage, but curious if they spread any Omaha for cheap. Looking at about a 500 dollar BR for the three day trip. Any ideas? If they spread HORSE I'd love to play it.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Non Holdem in Vegas

4/8 HORSE can be found now and then at Caesars. Thursday nights at Monte Carlo (just got back from there). And Rio gets 3/6, 4/8, or 6/12 mix games of various sorts going sometimes in the evenings. TI does mix games as well when they get enough people. And Venetian often gets a 4/8 HORSE going. I think you're probably assured of a HORSE game at Monte Carlo on Thursday night. Dunno 'bout the regularity of the others--they spread 'em when they get the players.

Mirage regularly offers 5/10 O8 with a full kill. The Orleans has 4/8 O8. I think they get Omaha going now and then at one or more of the Stations but I don't recall where they do what or how often.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:53 AM

Last week, on two different days, at the Wynn I heard them calling players for 10/20 omaha 8.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Guys - he has a 500 bankroll. He has enough for a few minimum buyins of 1/2 nl, or 4/8 at most.

PS: Wynn also has the 4/8 rotation game upon request. And requesting it is as easy as waiting one hour till the list fills - it aways does.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Last time i was at Mirage, the only Omaha game i found going was 5/10 Omaha 8 with a full kill. Most of the players were clueless as to what was going on, so it was a pretty sloppy game. The only other Omaha games were bigger limits. This was about a year ago.

www.allvegaspoker.com keeps a really good list of what games are spread where. check his site out.

Edit: Unfortunately, even in Vegas it's tough to find games where you get more than two cards, unless you are rolled for/ willing to stab at higher stakes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Stupid TV poker needs to start showing more games than holdem