Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
 is offline

Default 77 line in blindsteal situation

hi,

button is 13/8/3 after 100 hands

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

i usually 3bet preflop, but since the button seemed aggressive, i decided just to call, letting him bet the flop for me and evaluate from there. i wanted him to be the aggressor, maybe let him bet all the way.

after the flop action, is it a: easy calldown/close calldown? peel one and fold the turn if nothing good hits?guess it's not a fold anyway...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 77 line in blindsteal situation

I think that this is an easy call down. It seems to be very common for aggressive players to 3-bet a c/r on the flop with any OCs or a draw, especially in a blind steal situation. Sometimes they take the free card on the turn and at other times they fire again. On the turn the pot is 6BB after his bet and I would be showdown bound against this guy. Usually it will cost you 2 more BB to showdown so you will only have to win once in 4.5 times and, as in this case, there are times you will only have to pay 1 BB to get there.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:34 PM

I might have reraised preflop, however, I think calling is good too.

I think you played it well postflop and I think you need to call the river if he bet. I think check-calling it down from the flop would also have been a good option.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 PM
 is offline

ok
i thought about making a surgery about what hand you put him on...
that river check of his made me laugh out loud when he showed 44 for a full house... maybe he checked as a bluff...or value-checked...or that J scared the heck out of him...
Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM

I would fold this turn. (weak I know, but it doesn't feel right on this board. Not worth it imo. Anyway as played, fine.)
Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that river check of his made me laugh out loud when he showed 44 for a full house... maybe he checked as a bluff...or value-checked...or that J scared the heck out of him...

[/ QUOTE ]
But he was in position. That's insane. That play surprises me from a guy with those stats. Misclick perhaps?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually 3bet preflop, but since the button seemed aggressive, i decided just to call, letting him bet the flop for me and evaluate from there. i wanted him to be the aggressor, maybe let him bet all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

The c/r on the flop seems contrary to this plan. I'm not saying it was bad, it just doesn't seem to fit with your stated intention.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:32 PM

I'd threebet preflop most of the time.

Am I the only one who like b/tbing this flop?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:29 PM

i like this hand. sometimes i cap the flop and bet the turn. in this case you picked up a gutshot so we can't fold so c/c is goot. of course we all say 3bet pf, but you said you normally do and so i mind it less.