Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 01:38 AM

Default hand against alexsem and a HU challenge

the hand itself isnt all that interesting, but after it he berated me for my cold/call, which i think is fine under certain circumstances, but whatever, who cares, anyway, i thought id ask BBV who they think played worse here

POKERSTARS GAME #8156379703: HOLD'EM LIMIT ($200/$400) - 2007/01/27 - 23:15:51 (ET)
Table 'Kajam II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: skilledyou ($60267 in chips)
Seat 2: BABYHAN ($20071 in chips)
Seat 3: AlexSem ($7711 in chips)
Seat 4: newhizzle ($3280 in chips)
Seat 5: rSMig ($34216 in chips)
Seat 6: steyr_aug ($12167 in chips)
rSMig: posts small blind $100
steyr_aug: posts big blind $200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to newhizzle [2s As]
skilledyou: folds
BABYHAN: folds
AlexSem: raises $200 to $400
newhizzle: calls $400
rSMig: folds
steyr_aug: folds
*** FLOP *** [2h 4d Ah]
BABYHAN is sitting out
AlexSem: bets $200
newhizzle: raises $200 to $400
AlexSem: raises $200 to $600
newhizzle: calls $200
*** TURN *** [2h 4d Ah] [Jh]
AlexSem: bets $400
newhizzle: raises $400 to $800
AlexSem: calls $400
*** RIVER *** [2h 4d Ah Jh] [Tc]
AlexSem: checks
newhizzle: bets $400
AlexSem: calls $400
*** SHOW DOWN ***
newhizzle: shows [2s As] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
AlexSem: shows [Ad Th] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
AlexSem collected $4695 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4700 | Rake $5
Board [2h 4d Ah Jh Tc]
Seat 1: skilledyou folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: BABYHAN folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: AlexSem showed [Ad Th] and won ($4695) with two pair, Aces and Tens
Seat 4: newhizzle (button) showed [2s As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Deuces
Seat 5: rSMig (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: steyr_aug (big blind) folded before Flop

also i heard he was talking a lot of [censored] after i got disconnected, his constant fish berating kinda pisses me off, and the other day he wouldnt let me play HU with babyhan, so id like to issue an open challenge for him to play me HU, thats all
Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: hand against alexsem and a HU challenge

Alex is horrible. I don't like your A2s cold call. I don't think it's worth it to cold call it, there isn't really any fish you want to play with beside Alex... I would either fold it preflop or 3 bet.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:48 AM

mark clear ur inbox
Old 01-28-2007, 01:48 AM

haahahah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't talk [censored], I like you Mark. You'd agree coldcalling A2 is idiotic under all imaginable circumstances which's exactly what I pointed out assuming it was a misclick on your part.

my fish berating pisses me off, but if you were even remotely in my shoes, you'd understand me a lot better. You post losing a set to a flush draw, wheras I had my KK cracked 4 times in a single day by the same fish and each day we play against each other, I cannot escape his 2-3 outer beatings. So it's weeks of build-up that I unfortunately let out in the chat and my sincerest apologies for my weak nature but once again, you'd understand if you ewre in my shoes.

As for heads up - I don't see you having a significant edge, an edge no doubt though. We can play 0.5/1$ heads up for 50$ if you'd like. That way you can say you beat me heads up and feel better about life though, let me know if you'd like that I'll try to find some time.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

my fish berating pisses me off, but if you were even remotely in my shoes, you'd understand me a lot better. You post losing a set to a flush draw, wheras I had my KK cracked 4 times in a single day by the same fish and each day we play against each other, I cannot escape his 2-3 outer beatings. So it's weeks of build-up that I unfortunately let out in the chat and my sincerest apologies for my weak nature but once again, you'd understand if you ewre in my shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play these limits and think/say this? There is no way this is serious.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mark clear ur inbox

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny
Old 01-28-2007, 02:07 AM

alex...u may not mean any harm but you cause it there, I have been in games and seen games where you go off far too often. I understand the frustration, I have been there too, we all have, but if i have to blow off some steam i choose to make my friends suffer by listening to me go off, not the table I am at. When you do this youre hurting them as well as yourself. Plus, your comment asking mark if he had misclicked didnt appear sincere, it seemed mocking in nature, which was proven by you following it up with your snoddish "keep it up" type comment.

Its just bad taste in my opinion and costing others besides yourself money....

I know you are generally a nice guy, but comments you make at tables and things you said to me personally because of it make me weary of it all....
Old 01-28-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haahahah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't talk [censored], I like you Mark. You'd agree coldcalling A2 is idiotic under all imaginable circumstances which's exactly what I pointed out assuming it was a misclick on your part.

As for heads up - I don't see you having a significant edge, an edge no doubt though. We can play 0.5/1$ heads up for 50$ if you'd like. That way you can say you beat me heads up and feel better about life though, let me know if you'd like that I'll try to find some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, well, i feel kind of stupid for posting this now, just talked to alex, were cool

but dude, i dont really care if you berate me, but berating the other fish is something that i think you need to stop doing, everyone has run just as bad as you, or will, trust me, i have, but you want to keep the games good, although from what i understand, babyhan really enjoys putting beats on people so its probly cool with him, but ive seen situations where pissing off a fish breaks a game(usually live)

as far as my A2 hand, id rather not post my reasoning for the cold/call, lets just asume i suck, all the more reason not to berate me in the chat, you wouldnt want me to leave the game right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

if you want we can do a fun HU match some time, i dont care, the offer is still open for high stakes whenever though, good luck, hopefully you start running better soon

btw, its generally good etiquite to respect peoples requests for HU, the other day, babyhan said he wanted to play HU before you showed up, but for some reason didnt sit out when you came in like he was doing with others, so i guess its fine