Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Ugh pooh-bah post idea\'s

I just realized that I turned pooh-bah, but since I have no clue what to write a pooh-bah post about I'll give ssnl the oppertunity to give me idea's !!

So ssnl, what is problematic for you and what you want me to talk about and I'll take my best shot at it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Ugh pooh-bah post idea\'s

Playing marginal hands like TPWK/Midpair OOP and/or multiway and more obviously you can expand on this. Just an idea because it is one of the situations which I am sometimes unclear about.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:04 AM

Reverse implied odds.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reverse implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM

Yea I don't even know what Reverse implied odds are, so that would be gloriously fantastic.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reverse implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh crap...

I'll need to do some research I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM

I think continuation bets are way overated. I would like to know how do you personally continuation bet with marginal hands versus marginal oppoonents. I know I was continuation betting blindy 80% of my hands and I was getting crushed at nl 200 by min-raises. I don't know why but checking the flop and raising the turn is way stronger than cbing. Betting the turn after check check gets alot more respect from players. I don't really know how much I cb now but I think its like 60% of the flops yet I win a lot more pot without showdown and bigger pot cause I either bet the turn and/or the river after they showed weakness.

The flops I like to check:
I have middle pair on a drawy/low board
I have Ace hi on a 2 broadway board
I have anything not worth calling a raise against a short stack but that might be best if he pushes.

I assume every player at 1/2 is aggresive unless I have a read (it will only take a few orbit to find out). So its how I play against unkowns

Note that this is when I'm in position. When I'm oop I just bet out to find where I'm at. Sometimes I check/call with Ahi or a pp. This is why position is so important.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 AM

I suck in 3 bet pots. And I 3 bet more than pretty much anyone else in the world. Help please.

Also, I asked a friend what to write for my thousandth post, and he said "People who write thousandth posts are losers", so I think we both win (?)
Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think continuation bets are way overated. I would like to know how do you personally continuation bet with marginal hands versus marginal oppoonents. I know I was continuation betting blindy 80% of my hands and I was getting crushed at nl 200 by min-raises. I don't know why but checking the flop and raising the turn is way stronger than cbing. Betting the turn after check check gets alot more respect from players. I don't really know how much I cb now but I think its like 60% of the flops yet I win a lot more pot without showdown and bigger pot cause I either bet the turn and/or the river after they showed weakness.

The flops I like to check:
I have middle pair on a drawy/low board
I have Ace hi on a 2 broadway board
I have anything not worth calling a raise against a short stack but that might be best if he pushes.

I assume every player at 1/2 is aggresive unless I have a read (it will only take a few orbit to find out). So its how I play against unkowns

Note that this is when I'm in position. When I'm oop I just bet out to find where I'm at. Sometimes I check/call with Ahi or a pp. This is why position is so important.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh Im probably not the right guy to make a pooh-bah post about this. HU I am firing a c-bet close to 80% of the time anyway, and multiway that number drops to like 10-15%.

The only time I might check is against huge fish or the aggro tard, I also have a tendency to reraise donkbets into me and I'm rarely checking...

So far, reverse implied odds is on one. Although I really need to do a lot of research for that lol. (no biggie though, I'll do it)
Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Reverse Implied Odds?