Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 AM
 is offline

Default PS 10NL bottom set faces aggression line check

villain is 36/17/3 over about 90 hands. I`m 24/15/1.6. My stats show a low AF, cause there where several aggressive players on my right and just let them hang themselves. Usualy I have a 2.7 AF. I usualy come right out betting this flop, but I thought it was a good moment for a checkraise. Since I figured somebody had hit his ace and is gonna protect his cards from the spade draw.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($15.10)
Hero ($34)
BB ($9.25)
UTG ($6)
MP ($12.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.30) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: ($1.30) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50.

River: ($8.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $9.75</font>

??

Should I lay this down on the turn ?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: PS 10NL bottom set faces aggression line check

I would have raised the turn.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 AM

fold? god no, please go broke.

And with UTG in the middle, I donk that flop ALOT.

As played, 3-bet the turn.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 AM
 is offline

Why should I reraise the turn ? It`s very unlikely that villain has AK here. The min reraise on the turn just screams big hand IMO. TT,AA,KK,QJ all beat me here. I only beat 2 pair here. So isn`t this a WAWB situation ?

I think I should have either shoved the turn or folded.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:07 AM

The turn card is a scare card. I wouldn't start putting people on over sets though. That is too pesimistic in this case.
Is QJ in the range of MP? That would be a possibillity given the flop action. KJ would also be a hand here.
You can't lay down the turn imo, even if you think you are behind you could have up to 6-10 Outs against a couple of hands. You prob have implied odds here.
If you think you could be behind on the river, but are not sure, then why not check and call?
Actually I think your worries on the river are legit. Could be a bigger hand, but could also be a two pair hand so I go for the cheap showdown.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 AM

grunch

ewwwwwwww, c/r flop is so ugly/obvious. Lead flop, you gotta protect your hand and you will get callers on this wet wet board. As played, raise turn, if reraised, push. Reraise riva AI
Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 AM

With such LAG stats, a wet board, and no c-bet on the flop, I don't think MP was strong on the flop. You are repping QJ and KT when you donk the turn for a large bet. 44 is also possible for you. AK and TT are long shots because you would have repopped those hands preflop a lot of the time.

So what can he have on the turn? What if he has a flush draw? He could checked the flop to see it for cheap. The turn filled a lot of broadway hands, but he decides to raise a likely strong bet after passing on a flop semibluff. That's crazy, so I doubt it's a flush draw. QJ and KT are very likely. KT less so because he didn't bet the flop. That means you're behind on the turn a lot. After UTG cold calls the raise, I'd put him on a FD+broadway draw. That guy could also have a big made hand, but that's not likely.

I like just calling the turn raise. If the board pairs on the river, now you're the favorite, even if the card is a K or T. I'd open shove the boat, and c/f to more than about a quarter pot river bet.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:20 AM

i like your line on the flop but on the turn i definately rr and call a push but as played on river i bet about $6 and call a push. Layin a set down on the turn here is ultra passive IMO, im almost always tryin to get it all in on the turn here.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 AM
 is offline

TT, AA is unlikely after he checked the flop, but KK, QT are very likely on the turn I think. I don`t think villain would min raise the turn with a flush draw and risk a checkraise.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 AM
 is offline

Why bet so much on the river. If I`m ahead, he probably calls my bet with weaker holdings but folds to a bigger bet when holding something like 2 pair, also he might bluff a busted flush draw. I will call his raises anyways.

Will post results in 10 minutes ...