Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:40 AM

Default 66 sb 3/6

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Button folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls.

Turn:4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets, Hero folds.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Re: 66 sb 3/6

nh.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM

I might call the turn and a non AKT river, I might be a showdown donky but the pot is le big
Old 01-26-2007, 11:34 AM

I'm not sure I understand why we call the flop if we're going to fold this turn.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand why we call the flop if we're going to fold this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either unless you have some kind of read that he never fires the 2nd barrel without the goods.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM

Well I'd fire this first barrel somewhere on the order of every time, so the flop call is a must. The second barrel gets fired much less that 100% of the time, if hes extremely Laggy, then turn call is alright, but most competent rational players will not cap and then fire 2 streets with air... thus the turn fold. If you're going to call the turn, you might as well just ch/r the flop cus you aren't winning this thing by calling 3 streets.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 PM

in fact i don't know how to play this hand.
he cap me so i think he has over pair or big as with good kiker AK maybe AQs.
In the flop the pot are big and he do a continuation bet, i'm in the dark and don't know how to value my hand, i think raise is too expensive, he probably be ahead with over paire or i'm ahead if he had a big as.
So i decided to call against over paire 2out for implied odds, and i hope he don't touch the flop to show me he had a weak and but it probably a bad play and probably ev- to call the flop.

It's for why i post this and for know how to play it.

Fold the flop it s maybe ev+ don't know that...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 PM

i don't know how to play this hand.he cap me so i think he has over pair or big as with good kiker AK maybe AQs.In the flop the pot are big and he do a continuation bet, i'm in the dark and don't know how to value my hand, i think raise is too expensive, he probably be ahead with over paire or i'm ahead if he had a big as.So i decided to call against over paire 2out for implied odds, and i hope he don't touch the flop to show me he had a weak and but it probably a bad play and probably ev- to call the flop.It's for why i post this and for know how to play it.Fold the flop it s maybe ev+ don't know that...
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM

I think this is fine. You probably want to give us a read on how you view the player, as it might indicate whether you call the turn or not. The backdoor (bad) flush draw has some small value, and the villain might have AK (so you're ahead now).
If he's a tight/passive player - I'm done.
If he's loose/aggressive - I'd peel the turn and re-evaluate the river.

Someone with an average or sporadic aggressive tendency would probably lead to a relatively marginal decision where folding seems a bit better.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 PM

This is a little hard to answer without a read but this just seems too passive/weak to me. Just because he capped preflop doesn't mean you have to assume you're beat here. I would lead right out on the flop and take back initiative in the pot. If you feel he is tight/passive or str8tforward and raises you then be done with it. Very often villian has AK, AJ, ATs or even hands that you are behind like 7's or 8's that might fold by turn.