Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:57 AM
dark_horse dark_horse is offline

Location: NYC
Default using stars to move money

i have close business associate/friend in europe who i trust completely. i have $4500 sitting in neteller limbo. i am planning on having him open a new neteller account, certify it, then i'm transferring the money to him.

he could simply do an EFT to his own bank account and send me the money, or..

if i have him open a new stars account (he doesn't play poker) and deposit my money with his neteller account into stars, he could transfer me the funds to my stars account, and i could in turn have stars cut me a check.

would stars really go for this? sounds like money laundering to me. i love how my government is making me feel like a criminal.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:00 AM
runout_mick runout_mick is offline

Location: Edmonton, Canada
Default Re: using stars to move money

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8929751
Old 01-28-2007, 03:01 AM
runout_mick runout_mick is offline

Location: Edmonton, Canada

Email from stars security:

Hello Michael,

We will welcome your transfers sent to players of any nationality.

Please note that all transfers are reviewed manually by our security team.
The funds that you transfer will need to be used to fund play on our tables
and should not be cashed out immediately. Cashouts that stem from direct
transfers will be cancelled.

Please understand that allowing transfers not related to Poker go against
our license obligations as a Poker Room.

Best regards,

Bruno
PokerStars Security

Old 01-28-2007, 03:02 AM
dark_horse dark_horse is offline

Location: NYC

ah, got it.. i'll just get the money directly from him. thanks!
Closed Thread