Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Favorite scenes from Scrubs

Thought of this while browsing 70s and 80s Legendary Movie Scenes thread and how most everybody in the Favorite TV Shows thread mentioned Scrubs. So what are your favorite scenes from the TV show Scrubs? Mine:

Season 1, forgot which episode, Eliot meets Rowdy. JD and Turk set Rowdy up to stand in front of the door to the bathroom in their apartment. She opens the door to find a stiff dog staring at her. She jumps and screams, at which point JD says "Rowdy, no!" That scene always makes me laugh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Season 3, "The Screw Up" final scene, Ben's funeral. Such a depressing scene. Whenever I get to it I just have to watch it over and over again. Dr. Cox is going on and on about his son's birthday party, at which point JD asks "Where do you think we are?" It suddenly hits Dr. Cox that Ben is dead just as Joshua Radin's song "Winter" begins to play. It is incredibly difficult for a sitcom to make a scene this depressing and sorrowful.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Favorite scenes from Scrubs

Pilot episode:

Dr. Cox: Did you actually page me to ask how much Tylenol to give to Mrs. Lensner?

J.D.: I was worried it could exacerbate the patient's...

Dr. Cox: It's regular strength...Tylenol. Here's what you do: get her to open her mouth, you take a handful, and you throw it at her. Whatever sticks, that's the correct dosage.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:51 PM

Amy Smart and JD in dream sequences, dancing and kicking balloons.

Also the dream sequences with Rerun make me laugh.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:07 PM

"It's a riddle. Two guys destroyed your bike with a softball bat and a crowbar. One of them wasn't me."
Old 01-12-2007, 12:21 AM

There's a scene where Todd (I think) discovers Carla is not black, then walks away. As the scene continues you can see him in the background asking some black guy "is she black?" to which he makes a face and shakes his head no.

This is not funny when written out.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 AM

i love it every single time Dr. Cox starts rambling and the momentum carries him off down the hall, him still on whatever tangent he's railing about.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:29 AM

This thread is pretty marginal for the lounge. If people have lengthier descriptions of what makes the scene great to distinguish this from OOT material, I'd like to hear it.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:24 AM

My favourite scene is during some season four or five episode where J.D., Turk, some people, and Heather Graham are sitting around. I forget how the scene goes exactly but it dealt with how J.D's dream sequences always end right before the sexy part. I know at least HG tries to kiss him and the dream ends right before lip-to-lip action. Then Turk comes over and they almost kiss, the dream ends and then back in the real world J.D. shouts out "I don't have gay jungle fever", followed by odd looks from everyone.

That one scene I think is the perfect example of what sets Scrubs apart from all other sitcoms; the quirky oddball humour, great guest stars and how J.D. can shout out "I don't have gay jungle fever" without breaking the rhythm of the show at all.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:17 AM

Season 5, Cox goes nuts because his patients died. The final few minutes of that episode, and the final few minutes of the next episode were absolutely excellent. (JD going to Cox's apartment to bring him back, and Cox respecting JD for it).
Old 01-13-2007, 09:15 AM

Any scene with the Todd.