Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Random Party Crashes

Is anybody else getting random crashes at Party? Every hour or so the Party client just decides it's gonna quit and restart itself and it's driving me mad... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I've tried reinstalling Party, and playing with no software/scripts running and still got the crashes (but not as bad it seems). I also think that putting the Party process into "AboveNormal" priority helped by can't be sure yet as the crashes are so intermittent. Also, I tried setting the affinity to a single processor and that didn't seem to help.

If anybody else has had this, then did you find a way to fix it?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Random Party Crashes

i think your client or pc has problem.

i am playing on party too. i do not have this problem.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:00 PM

I had this a few months back, like what you described, as well as an "out of memory" error message every now and then which again caused party to close down.

My pc is pretty decent spec with plenty of memory. On talking to the script jockeys from "support" and doing a few tests, no solution could be found.

Anyway, i've recently tried again with party, and although i've not had the "out of memory" message the client still shuts down now & again. I've not played a there a great deal (yet) and the crashes seem to occur more when you first open the program and are in the lobby, as opposed to sitting at tables - i could be wrong though.

In case we both have something which is causing this, i've listed a few things on my pc (laptop).

XP Home Edition - service pack 2
AMD 64 - 3000+
512 MB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 (i think catalyst drivers)
Sygate Firewall Pro
Symantec Antivirus
Ad-Aware SE Pro - Ad-Watch

I've never had any similar issues with any poker room, and i can 4-6 table @Stars with no problems.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had this a few months back, like what you described, as well as an "out of memory" error message every now and then which again caused party to close down.

My pc is pretty decent spec with plenty of memory. On talking to the script jockeys from "support" and doing a few tests, no solution could be found.

Anyway, i've recently tried again with party, and although i've not had the "out of memory" message the client still shuts down now & again. I've not played a there a great deal (yet) and the crashes seem to occur more when you first open the program and are in the lobby, as opposed to sitting at tables - i could be wrong though.

In case we both have something which is causing this, i've listed a few things on my pc (laptop).

XP Home Edition - service pack 2
AMD 64 - 3000+
512 MB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 (i think catalyst drivers)
Sygate Firewall Pro
Symantec Antivirus
Ad-Aware SE Pro - Ad-Watch

I've never had any similar issues with any poker room, and i can 4-6 table @Stars with no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I seem to have got the crash frequency down quite alot (played 60 SNGs 6-tabling today and only had 2 crashes), but so far can't find anything in particular to blame.

XP Professional Edition - service pack 2
Pentium D 3GHz
1GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6200
ZoneAlarm
AVG Free Edition

I've tried with/without PartyPlanner, with/without each of the helper AHK scripts I'm using, with/without FPHG running, with/without processor affinity set to use a single processor and with/without Party set to high priority. So far the only thing that seems to have helped is setting the priority to high and even then it's so intermittent I can't be sure yet.

I also have quite alot of other random utilities running which could possibly cause problems, so my next try is gonna be in a separate bare-bones user account.

The only other time I've had Party crashing is back when the resizing tables beta was first released. It turned out then (on my old system) that it was MultiTableHelper that was somehow causing the crashes and after I stopped using it all was OK.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 AM

I just had party crash 3 times without even loading a table. All I did was log and before I'd opened any tables it crashed, restarted itself and then crashed again. Then about 20 seconds later it crashed a 3rd time.

I'm out of ideas [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 AM

Probably a long shot, but your not on Telewest/NTL ?....like me in NE England.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably a long shot, but your not on Telewest/NTL ?....like me in NE England.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the dreaded NTL pos service. I don't know about you, but NTL's service here (Leeds) has been appalling since just before xmas.

Tomorrow I get the backup BT ADSL connection finally activated, as I've had my fill of NTL's random dropouts (I'm gonna still keep the NTL connection and use both with a load balancing router).

Old 01-18-2007, 11:03 AM

That's quite a coincidence, maybe our ISP is the problem with the party client, although i have no idea what the problem could be.

I mean, nobody else has reported similar issues with party, which is very strange on a board like this.

If you don't get these problems with BT, then i assume Telewest/NTL was the cause.

Keep me informed of your progress with BT.

PS I used to live in Chapel Allerton. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 12:20 PM

I've had it happen, definately the once two days ago, I'm not certain whether it has happened previously and I have just not noticed.
It did not occur when I was actively playing - I just had the lobby open.
My machine has:
Adsl
Win 2000 pro
AMD64
2 gig ram
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Are you both using IE7? I'm, just wondering if it could have anything to do with the scrolling spam windows in the lobby, but don't feel like the hassle of uninstalling IE7 unless it seems a likely cause.