Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Default PHONECARDS-Att: Pokerstars-Lee Jones et al

Phone cards are the EASY answer to all deposit problems. Party Poker offered them, think they even owned the company. 'Stars could either buy an existing company or start one of their own. All credit cards work including American Express and the real beauty of the cards is that PHONE expenses are tax deductible. Both my husband and I used them exclusively to fund our Party accounts and always deducted all charges as business expenses. Pokerstars has totally dropped the proverbial ball here. I e-mailed Lee Jones about this months ago. Not only is it EV+ for the players but "Stars will make money too. Thoughts?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: PHONECARDS-Att: Pokerstars-Lee Jones et al

[ QUOTE ]
Phone cards are the EASY answer to all deposit problems. Party Poker offered them, think they even owned the company. 'Stars could either buy an existing company or start one of their own. All credit cards work including American Express and the real beauty of the cards is that PHONE expenses are tax deductible. Both my husband and I used them exclusively to fund our Party accounts and always deducted all charges as business expenses. Pokerstars has totally dropped the proverbial ball here. I e-mailed Lee Jones about this months ago. Not only is it EV+ for the players but "Stars will make money too. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't as easy as you make it sound. The language of the UIGEA specifically addresses the use of such companies. Essentially, the phone card company would become the new Neteller, the Feds would get their panties in a bunch about it, and shut it down. Then a new one will pop up. So the cycle goes.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:02 PM

couple this with cashouts via anonymous visa giftcards and i think this would be a perfect solution
Old 01-20-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars has totally dropped the proverbial ball here. I e-mailed Lee Jones about this months ago. Not only is it EV+ for the players but "Stars will make money too. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying they dropped the ball because they didn't start a phone card company when you suggested it?

Christ, give 'em a couple of days, would ya?

If Poker's your hobby, then try building a ship in a bottle this weekend instead.

If it's your job, many people miss days of work due to circumstances beyond their control (weather, lack of materials, broken equipment, etc.)

It sounds like a good idea, but I think getting it implemented in 72 hours is a bit unrealistic.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:06 PM

As long as the company is located outside of the US borders it would be safe. The FEDS as you call them have shut down NOTHING. This operation would be totally outside of the banking system. It would be outside of the banking system and would only accept credit cards. There is no down side here, it just has to operate as a normal phone card company and offer its products to the general public.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as the company is located outside of the US borders it would be safe. The FEDS as you call them have shut down NOTHING. This operation would be totally outside of the banking system. It would be outside of the banking system and would only accept credit cards. There is no down side here, it just has to operate as a normal phone card company and offer its products to the general public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much like Neteller operates as a normal e-Wallet and offers its products to the general public?

I'm not trying to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm here. I am, however, trying to be realistic.