Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 01:39 PM

Default ME WSOP 2007 only day 1a, 1b & 1c & there is no 1d ???

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/schedule2639.htm
Maybe it's there is an other thread about that somewhere, but do anyone has notice that there are only 3 day #1 & only 1 day 2 at the ME-WSOP 2007 ? ...there was 4 waves of day 1 in 2006 & 2 waves of day 2. The most logical assumption I-C would be that the room at the RIO will be bigger with more tables this year.

- jpp
Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: ME WSOP 2007 only day 1a, 1b & 1c & there is no 1d ???

Discussion in the 'tournament circuit' forum about this.

They are adding tables to the big room at the Rio.

But it's also very likely they won't have as many players due to the U.S. legislation leading to fewer online-qualifiers.

They had almost 9k last year and I just don't know if they will be getting that again.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:01 PM

I think that they were only able to accommodate 2k players at any single time last year, so the excess there started playing after players were eliminated and a table was free.

They have more space and tables this year, so they figured that 3k tables per day would be enough. If there numbers are down (remember that us can't play in places like Party Poker, so I would imagine the # of qualifiers from there will be down by a bunch), they'll have enough room. If the numbers are up, then they added a day off after the first day more than likely to accommodate the excess.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
due to the U.S. legislation leading to fewer online-qualifiers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen similar statements made by others and I am confused. Looking at record entries for many online weekly tournaments, and a total player base that has rebounded and exceeds the pre-legislation period, I do not see this as a major issue.

How many entrants did PartyPoker send last year? Whatever the figure I feel fairly confident that the increase this year from Bodog, FullTilt, UltimateBet, and PokerStars will more than compensate.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever the figure I feel fairly confident that the increase this year from Bodog, FullTilt, UltimateBet, and PokerStars will more than compensate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! If they continue to accomodate US customers there should be still plenty of qualifiers.
I think PokerStars sent well over 1.000 players last year.

FullTilt should be able to send many more than last year due to their increased customer base. But I don't like their new policy that they put the money into your account and you can decide to play or do whatever you want with the money.
I expect that several qualifiers just take the money and don't play. Maybe they find a way to regulate this in some way.

Shadow
Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....They have more space and tables this year, so they figured that 3k tables per day would be enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I mean 300 tables as opposed to 3000 tables.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen similar statements made by others and I am confused. Looking at record entries for many online weekly tournaments, and a total player base that has rebounded and exceeds the pre-legislation period, I do not see this as a major issue.

How many entrants did PartyPoker send last year? Whatever the figure I feel fairly confident that the increase this year from Bodog, FullTilt, UltimateBet, and PokerStars will more than compensate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, the poker sites will not directly buy you into the WSOP. Harrah's is not allowing it. So instead of pokerstars giving you $1k plus a $10k seat, they are giving you $11k. The amount of people who will then take the actually $10k in cash and enter the tourney should be drastically less than the people who win a seat and actually get the seat, with no chance of getting cash.

Most people who are in for $50 or $80 would take the $10k, and not blow it all on one tourney.

-smak-
Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, the poker sites will not directly buy you into the WSOP. Harrah's is not allowing it. So instead of pokerstars giving you $1k plus a $10k seat, they are giving you $11k. The amount of people who will then take the actually $10k in cash and enter the tourney should be drastically less than the people who win a seat and actually get the seat, with no chance of getting cash.

Most people who are in for $50 or $80 would take the $10k, and not blow it all on one tourney.

-smak-

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, from what Harrah's has publicly stated they did not allow an online poker site to buy players in this past year. So all those buy-ins must have been classified as cash buyins during live registration.

I am unable to find where PokerStars has stated they will credit cash for a WSOP seat. Could you provide a link? Thanks!