Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default I thought I was done with this hand

5/10 on WPX 6 handed game.

CO opens, I 3bet with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button, only CO calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
CO checks, I bet, he calls.

I sent that to a couple of friends just jokingly as a jesus how often am I winning this pot. More then one send back 'almost never but I think you have to bet the turn anyway. So,

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO checks. Fire one more bullet or be done with the hand?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: I thought I was done with this hand

I'm done with the hand. Unless I river a 6 after taking my free card.

I seriously doubt that he's going to fold any better pair to a turn bet (was this a 6max table or short-handed full game?), and you certainly can't call a c/r. So I think you're much better off just checking through the turn...if you want peace of mind then you can call a bet after a blank river.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM

i almost said fold pf, but then i saw it was 6max. i don't always fold pf in fullring, either. but for some reason tonight i'm feeling passive and conservative.

i think the turn is a bet, fwiw. CO's range is superdeeduper wide here, especially being SH. so it may carry some value versus Ahigh or some other random hands we beat. so combine the times he folds, with the drawiness of the board i will frequently fire again on that turn.

i don't hate checking the turn, but given it's 6max we are going to have some run ins with CO in this session. how often does a worse hand checkraise here? possibly a good portion of the time. why do i want to bet? for one, we will always bet TP here, that's given. this way he knows(assuming we showdown)that i'll bet pocket sixes on that board HU with position. if he calls down with AT this time, he'll call down with A2 or 44 the rest of the night. this should also expand our turn 3betting range later in the session as well because he will begin to c/r worse hands against our wider range. of course we must properly adjust, but i really think at a 6max table there are some ancillary benefits to firing the turn. i wouldn't always do it, but i would a good percentage of the time.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

James,

Excellent analysis.