Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Live LLHE:Older lady double checking before donking-what\'s it mean

I was not in this hand, but was wondering what kind of tell you all thought this was. I have not read Caro's book, but have heard the acting weak means strong and acting strong means weak, but this was ridiculous. On with the hand.

3/6 live midweek afternoon, table typically loose passive.
60ish neatly dressed "proper" caucasian lady has been at the table for one orbit. The dealer greeted her by name and even commented that the lady's daughter had not played in a while. You would guess she might have been a librarian or something as she asked the floor man to change the channel from Pride fighting suggesting the symphony (only a little facetiously). Anyway she limps in EP, MP raises, blinds and lady call.
Flop: KT3 rainbow
MP bets, BB calls, lady calls
Turn: T completing rainbow
BB checks, lady looks at flop and hesitates for 5 seconds, then peeks at her card for another 5 seconds, then bets. Everyone folds.

I and I guess everyone else figured her for trips, but how do you interpret this really long hesitation. It seems so overtly obvious as to be humorous. Was this a real or false tell? Could she really be that oblivious to how she is percieved that she needed to think about betting and then double check before doing so?????

Sorry for the long post, but this seemed unusual for a regular.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Live LLHE:Older lady double checking before donking-what\'s it mean

I know this is insane, but she could well hold KK, AA. KT or AT here is unlikely. I am saying this because I know this kind of player. I once had this hand where I had QQ, after she open limps. I raise and 3 players call. Flop is monotone and I do not have FLDR. She c/c all the way to river, miss her FLDR, but still won the pot with AA. No raise, not even once. After the hand... she goes "I let you do work!!!" Some people are like this.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:32 AM

Saw a similiar thing with a guy who got KK twice in about 10 hands. CC all the way even when he hit his set. He was doing pretty well at this session. Couldn't believe his play
Old 01-16-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She c/c all the way to river, miss her FLDR, but still won the pot with AA. No raise, not even once. After the hand... she goes "I let you do work!!!" Some people are like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

because they always get broken?