Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Superbowl Tickets

Looking around on the internet, all the brokers seem to have the cheapies going for 3k a seat. Is that a realistic reflection of what ticket prices will really be come gameday? If not are they going up or down? What is the face value on the cheap seats?

Anyone on here a season ticket holder who has gotten to buy SB tickets? If so, how early were you notified by the team? The info I've received from the Colts is very non specific on when the lotto for tickets would be.

I know I shouldn't be thinking about the SB until after we get our hands on the Hunt trophy but the logistics of planning a possible trip necessitate some planning.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Superbowl Tickets

I know a family who has won the SB lottery for Pats ticket twice (although their chances are good b/c they've been ticket holders for like 20 years). iirc, they didn't find out until after the AFC championship, but this probably varies per franchise (the Pats would seem to be a franchise that would wait until the last minute for this this, while the Chargers were planning their SB victory parade earlier this week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

I think the cheapest seats (face value) in recent years have been around $500, maybe a bit more.

re: gameday prices, a lot of it depends on the teams. ie teams who have been there recently or with smaller fan bases don't drive tickets up as much as the opposite. I would imagine that the Bears going would make for an expensive ticket. It doesn't really matter (for you) how the Pats would affect the prices. I think the Colts would also make for an expensive ticket (1st time in a while, Peyton)
Old 01-15-2007, 12:00 PM

I have Pats season tix, and if I recall correctly, we got a postcard before the AFC Championship game (I think that Thursday or Friday) last time telling us whether or not we won tix in the lottery. I got them in 96, but none for the last 3 SB wins. It's tough for us common folk in NE now, as all club seats and luxury boxes get them automatically, so our odds are drastically reduced.

I actually already have a pair for this year (face is $475 I believe) that I won through the NFL lottery, so maybe we can talk if things go poorly for my team on Sunday. I'm only going if it's the Pats, otherwise I'm selling them and putting that cash towards a big family vacation in August.

As for going without tix, I had a bad experience with that in Houston 3 years ago. Nothing could be had for under $2000. I agree with KBZ's comment on the teams driving that, but Chicago-Indy would make for a real tough ticket (good for me I guess if I can't use mine to watch the Pats).

Finally, accommodations are going to be tough without doing some sort of package deal. I looked into rooms recently and there is almost nothing available in Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:48 PM

I would guess that the Colts would be one of the cheaper tickets. Despite all the media attention they get, Indy is one of the smallest NFL markets.

Seattle would have been good one for keeping prices low due to the fact that they went last year and they are so far away from the game itself but obviously that ship has sailed.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:05 AM

I apply for a media ticket every year, about a 10 percent chance of getting one if you don't normally cover a team, but I keep trying!