Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 05:06 AM

Default KJo instarepot

i have been playing v. laggy, c-betting a ton, raising a ton pf. fwiw, i cannot beat 50nl when im trying to build this tiny FTP roll so blah.

effective stacks $50.

anyways, folded to me in the sb, I raise to $1.50 w. KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB(relative unknown, pretty tight) makes it $4.50. I call, prob should have folded OOP. anyways, i thought i could move him off a hand postflop most times.

anyways, i have been getting out of line, he knows this, prob will raise w. a wide range here.

($9)flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
check, check

($9)turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check, check

($9)river: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i instapot $9, he instamakes it $36, i...?

remember table image, what he might think i have, etc etc.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: KJo instarepot

I check the river too to pick up a bluff. And if it's shown down and I show a quite decent hand, that might correct my table image in my favor quite a bit.

Taking into consideration what you said, this looks like a bluff. I still wouldn't call. When villain is pretty tight, he probably won't say "I play A7 for all my chips against this punk now!" but wait for a decent hand to teach you a lesson. I think you are beat far too often by a better kicker or a straight, set, 2pair that you could call.

I fold and change gears.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:26 AM

The part that bothers me about this hand is why does he check the flop and turn? If he has a hand it has to be big because he didn't seem to be concerned with any scare cards coming to check it all the way. So he must either have a huge hand like AA. I think 88 would have bet the turn once it was checked to him. T9 for the str8? not likely gonna rr with that hand. I'm guessing AA or air. If he hit a set on the flop he sure was tricky. It;s very late for me so take fwiw.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:30 AM

I see that it is a very fishy looking move. And I'd be tempted to call. Many players would slowplay themselves to death with a big hand. He might even have KK here and think he crippled the deck and hopes for a face card to come off. The reraise preflop makes me prefer a PP either for a set or KK, AA or AK, maybe even KQ. Only calling stations never get bluffed.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Villain's line looks like std u-limit slowplay here. Genz's range looks good, given PF rr, you are pretty well beat.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 AM

InstareFOLD bro

Preflop is bad IMO, I just fold to the re-raise. But w/e. As it is, a flop bet bloats a pot in which you are wa/wb and OOP so well played there. Turn, I could conceivably see a bet for 3/4 working here because TT types will look you up, but I think you should be all about pot control at this point so c/c the river.

As played, hmmmmmm. I think he's got you and you cant really call. TPWK is not a hand to be putting over half a stack into. You say you have been playing very laggy, well what does a standard 50NL player do against a player like you? Tightens right up and bunkers down IMO. I think the river is basically BAHAHAH GOTCHA BITOCH rather than ZOMG PLS FOLDERISE.

So yeah. Fold. FWIW I lead for less too.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:25 AM

the pf call aside, i dont think there's alot of value in potting the river. what do you put him on that you're ahead of that calls a psb? potting the river is a bluff
Old 01-12-2007, 11:09 AM

With your image, I think this is a call.