Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 04:27 PM

Default FT mod suggestions to counter eye strain?

Been playing with one of Fozzy's amazing black and gray mods, and LOVE the way it looks, but I think it might be a bit too hard on my eyes.

If you've had to change mods for this reason, can you suggest options for a very easy-to-look-at setup? Also, do people have a preference as to what is in the background behind the tables? All white, all black? Something else?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: FT mod suggestions to counter eye strain?

I have tried A LOT of different looks.

I wear glasses for the computer/reading. I play poker with minimal lighting in the room, usually only a small desk lamp nearby. I think a mostly dark/black/gray set-up is the way to go. With the brighter colors being used for the things requiring your attention: card backs, avatars, Dealer button, etc.

I always end up coming back to Gray-shade tables, and black backgrounds. I like my darker faced cards (5.4-DFG and 10.8 are my fav's). I used to use darker backs, but on occasion would'nt notice someone was still in the pot.

I would love to see and hear some suggestions and set-ups of other players. I know I have gotten in to a bit of a Darker is Better mode. If people want to see something different, I am all ears. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I have been wanting to start a "Show your Fozzy Mod Set-up" Thread. Thx for doing it for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here is my look today. I know, pretty boring. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Cool. I should also start using that highlight ring thingy that goes around the person who owns the action. I just saw your most recent post about that in the other thread.

I'll post a shot of my setup this evening to encourage others to do the same...

Thanks again for all this stunning work, Fozzy.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:58 PM

This is whay my FT Table looks like:

Took a long time until i was satisfied with the layout
Old 09-04-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is whay my FT Table looks like:

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know who's turn it is? Or did the screengrab not capture it at the right moment? It looks like you are using the exact same image for SeatRT_On and SeatRT_Off. Notice in my screengrab - the Off is the plain black, and the On is the Yellow/Red. I have a huge assortment of seatrt_on/off 's in my Avatars-Library. Here is the link to my current Avatars-Library.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:27 PM

yes your right fozzy, i just captured at a moment where it wasnt good to see (also to see at the two "check" boxes.
i am using your images. so normally the active player got an other border color, in my case its white.
btw keep up the nice work.
just an other question, would it be possible to get theese one coloured style chips from the wiki page in other sizes ? there are only chip0 and chip3 i think.
im using two monitors with a different resolution (= different table size), and one got the right chips, and the smaller tables got the original chips to display.
i tried to resize them myself, but they looked very ugly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 07:02 PM

I have tried to make chips numerous times. They always turn out bad. I was hoping Gregg777 would make an entire set - of standard tournament color chips, but he never did.

I will try and resize the tourney color chips from the Final Table folder - AGAIN. Maybe they will turnout this time. I havent tried in a month or 2. Wish me luck, but I am not very optimistic.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Made the table, background, avatars, dealer button, etc myself. Used fozzy's cards but changed the spade color from yellow to black and changed the card backs to default FTP. I like the way it turned out.

I play in dim light so I like to have everything be a darker color, bright colors seem to burn holes through my eyes.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Here's mine. As a special bonus I happened to catch this guy felting himself with a silly all-in move with AJ, only to be caught by AA.

I see a few things that I could do. For one thing, I could make the player's name boxes smaller. As you see, I can't make out the bottoms of the AJ. Maybe that's not a problem, though. Also, I REALLY liked the green table that the person in this thread just posted. That might make a big difference.

Also, I might switch to the gold, silver, and copper coins as they have less detail and could be easier on the eyes.

Anything else?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM

I think I should make all of the graphics borders black as well. Mine are still the default blue.