Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Any Canadians that make money off proline?

I was talking to my friends brother the other night about how he makes lots of money on proline. Now usually I'm pretty skeptical about listening to anybodies 'system', but it seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I guess the idea is that you get the odds from online bookies and then find discrepancies with prolines odds and bet them. The only thing that seems to make this impossible is that you have to get tickets with 3 games and win all 3 which would really reduce your chances of winning. But some guys just went to court because they made something like 1.7 million off proline and the government wanted some taxes.

Anyone know if its possible to make money off proline?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Any Canadians that make money off proline?

As far as I am aware parlays in general are -EV so I never play Proline, that and the odds Proline gives you are pretty terrible in most cases.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Canadian here. Prolines are all parlays. I used to play them. I won a 5-team parlay once, that was about it. Been betting online since last year & have never turned back since. Online sports betting sites have better payouts, plus you're not obligated to play multi-team per wager (e.g. parlay), and you can bet enough to win bonus $.

ProLine Parlay Payout (which includes your original wager):

2 Team: 2X
3 Team: 5X
4 Team: 10X
5 Team: 20X
6 Team: 35X
7 Team: 75X

Typical Online Parlay Payout (not including your original wager, just all profit):

2 Team: 2.6X
3 Team: 6X
4 Team: 12X
5 Team: 25X
6 Team: 35X
7 Team: 75X

* Add 1 to each to include your original wager like the way ProLine does.

Even the non-spread ProLine bets are still parlays (multiplying 3-6 teams by it's Euro Odds amount, e.g. 2.10 x 2.40 x. 1.80). This is still a parlay because you're required to play at least 3-6 teams.

But overall, do not play Parlays because it's -EV. Read FAQ.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM

The 4 team parlay payout is like laying -128 or so on each individual leg, the 5 team parlay payout is like laying -122. So, if you can find stale lines that are rouge enough you'd lay -122 or -128 on them, proline can be profitable.

Rogue parlay card lines are an exception to the "parlays are usually -EV" argument.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Heres a link he sent me that better describes the system

You buy 10 tickets and rotate the teams on each one, I'm not really sure how if one ticket is -EV 10 tickets will be better. It seems like you have to be getting pretty good odds to make money off these tickets.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:55 PM

^ I already see a flaw to that system. Basically, the system assumes you correctly pick 3 of 5 games. If you get 4 of 5 right, you'll win more. If you get all 5 games right, you clean up. It's not easy being a 60% sports bettor.